• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timesheet politics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timesheet politics

My timesheet is weekly, but the person who should be signing it off has been signing off after the deadline repeatedly. The agent have got someone else in the company set up for signing off. Email from the alternative signatory today saying the first signatory needs to sign off – the problem is that he has not been doing as he should be. So, looks like some more manual intervention from the agent to mop up their incompetence yet again….. Just one reason I am moving shortly to fresh pastures.

Anyone else had this pointless bollox to deal with?

My advice is to put it back on the agency, threaten to walk and they'll get it sorted in no time.

Comment

So you're getting paid a week later than usual or a month?

If it's a week, stop moaning and MTFU.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        So you're getting paid a week later than usual or a month?

If it's a week, stop moaning and MTFU.
        This, you are a contractor and you should have reserves. 1 Week late isn't exactly going to bankrupt you!

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorHardman View Post
          This, you are a contractor and you should have reserves. 1 Week late isn't exactly going to bankrupt you!
          It also means that when this project inevitably comes to a crashing halt, he'll at least have an extra week's money to come at the end of it.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
            My advice is to put it back on the agency, threaten to walk and they'll get it sorted in no time.
            Exactly what the agent has done - however, the person they set up for me to submit to says she needs the first person to authorise and she wants nothing to do with it. Basically, he is an out of control megalomaniac with the co-ordination of a blind guinea pig. Even on holiday he refused anyone else to sign which caused some delays.

Comment

It also means that when this project inevitably comes to a crashing halt, he'll at least have an extra week's money to come at the end of it.
              Exactly. It looks like the end is very imminent for this bag of spanners, hence exit strategy in place

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                Exactly. It looks like the end is very imminent for this bag of spanners, hence exit strategy in place
                Already?

I've had sex that's lasted longer.

Comment

Already?

I've had sex that's lasted longer.
                  LondonManc talks up Tantric sexual experience

Comment

Easy fix. Print out the time sheet and go and stand over him until he signs it (assuming it's a hard copy). It'll only be awkward for the first time.
                    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Working...
                    X