• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tube chat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tube chat?

London hasn't been kind to the man behind the Tube Chat badge - BBC Newsbeat

This guy is totally nuts. Anyone who speaks on a tube should be keel hauled.....

I love seeing how the bitter angry Londoners are having a go at him, thereby proving his point.

Isn't the point that you wear a badge to say you don't mind social interaction, rather than that you force it on other people... though the fact that saying hello to someone is considered "forcing it on someone" says it all really.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm not really getting this guy. All the way through is the evidence it doesn't work but he still want's 'to have a bit of fun'? 80% think it's a terrible idea and 20% think it's nice.. But of that 20% how many will actually do it? And then he's lumped it right in with the pron sites online??

I can't work out whether he's off his rocker or a out-there thinking genius......but actually I think I can...
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I'm not really getting this guy. All the way through is the evidence it doesn't work but he still want's 'to have a bit of fun'? 80% think it's a terrible idea and 20% think it's nice.. But of that 20% how many will actually do it? And then he's lumped it right in with the pron sites online??

I can't work out whether he's off his rocker or a out-there thinking genius......but actually I think I can...
        I think i heard he was a yank, if that helps your deliberations?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

He's off his rocker.

There is a reason why people don't talk to one another in London on public transport.

However if there is an incident on the train, tube or bus, OR you have young children with you or are disabled and appear to need help people tend to offer to help you without you asking. In fact you hear some blind people telling people to f*** off due to being asked 10 times in 5 minutes if they need help.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            He's off his rocker.

There is a reason why people don't talk to one another in London on public transport.

However if there is an incident on the train, tube or bus, OR you have young children with you or are disabled and appear to need help people tend to offer to help you without you asking. In fact you hear some blind people telling people to f*** off due to being asked 10 times in 5 minutes if they need help.
            Not if you're deaf, you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Because they're miserable narcissists who want to be in complete control of every interaction they have with another human being (and everything else that happens in their lives)?

To be fair I can imagine that living in such close proximity to so many people, and being completely surrounded by them 24/7, would lead to a strong desire to act this way. But saying hello to a stranger as they sit next to you is hardly that awful.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                London hasn't been kind to the man behind the Tube Chat badge - BBC Newsbeat

This guy is totally nuts. Anyone who speaks on a tube should be keel hauled.....
                Well the write up made me smile.

Comment

I worked in London for a few years and it was awesome, a great experience getting p1ssed and eating at restaurants like a spoilt rich d1ckhead (I wasn't but those who know the City might understand). All whilst sticking to my close knit group of colleagues and avoiding contact with anyone else. Frankly that is what most Londoners are about.

Once on the way home at Waterloo I saw a father get off a train with his baby in a pushchair. The man came off the train and accidentally 'dropped' his pushchair which went head-over-heels (there was a drop between the train and the platform), and the poor baby went head down into the platform.

It was rush hour - around 5pm - lots of people around. And yet people just seemed to be dumbfounded that there was a parent who was in need of assistance. It was, frankly, disgusting to see to 'professional' workers, men and women, incapable of assisting another human being. They just stood around like the villagers from Minecraft.

I ran over to help, flipped the pushchair back over and checked the baby boy. Fortunately he was OK, the pushchair had somehow protected his head from hitting the floor. Gave the baby a quick check, said to the (somewhat shellshocked) father that everything was OK, and went on my way.

To this day, I recall the shocked look on the father's face but more than anything it is the apathy shown by the many Londoners present at that time that sticks in my mind. It was abysmal.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I love seeing how the bitter angry Londoners are having a go at him, thereby proving his point.

Isn't the point that you wear a badge to say you don't mind social interaction, rather than that you force it on other people... though the fact that saying hello to someone is considered "forcing it on someone" says it all really.
                    "forcing it on someone" is an understatement if its the opposite sex. A while a go a woman said hello to me on the tube. The other passengers gasped in shock. Naturally I accused her of being a rapist who needed castrating for the rights of men to fgo about their lifwe without these unwanted attentions.

That showed her.....

Comment

Working...
                    X