• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"thanks for reading the mail I sent yesterday"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"thanks for reading the mail I sent yesterday"

I got an email from a supplier this week, wanting an update on a purchase I have agreed to make for a project.

The next day after not replying I got another email thanking me for reading the mail. I replied saying I was on holiday and would reply on Monday and that I though we had read receipts switched off. She sent me back the read receipt.

I'm quite tempted to reply with abusive language but can't be arsed lining up a new supplier. What would you do?

They can do a read receipt via an image to prove that you've opened the email; you don't need to send a read receipt. As long as that image is hosted on their webserver and unique to your email, they can tell you've viewed it.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I got an email from a supplier this week, wanting an update on a purchase I have agreed to make for a project.

The next day after not replying I got another email thanking me for reading the mail. I replied saying I was on holiday and would reply on Monday and that I though we had read receipts switched off. She sent me back the read receipt.

I'm quite tempted to reply with abusive language but can't be arsed lining up a new supplier. What would you do?
      Nothing

And next time buy from elsewhere.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Is she attractive?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Is she attractive?
          Doesn't seem to be on linkedin.

If she is I'll upgrade her from 'annoying' to 'sassy'.

Comment

Would no email servers/clients automatically download the image and save the email so you can view it offline?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Don't particularly like out of office as it confirms the email address in the same way as read and delivery receipts.

Anyway, I found the exchange to be gauche and unprofessional, like shouting "I know you're in there" through the letter box after one ring of the doorbell.

I'll probably CC in her boss and have a subtle dig, she dropped him from the conversation when she started this crap.

Comment

Doesn't seem to be on linkedin.

If she is I'll upgrade her from 'annoying' to 'sassy'.
                If she is unattractive get her to wear a paper bag over her head. Or do it doggy style....

Comment

Working...
                X