PDA

View Full Version : "thanks for reading the mail I sent yesterday"

minestrone
30th September 2016, 12:49
I got an email from a supplier this week, wanting an update on a purchase I have agreed to make for a project.

The next day after not replying I got another email thanking me for reading the mail. I replied saying I was on holiday and would reply on Monday and that I though we had read receipts switched off. She sent me back the read receipt.

I'm quite tempted to reply with abusive language but can't be arsed lining up a new supplier. What would you do?

LondonManc
30th September 2016, 12:52
They can do a read receipt via an image to prove that you've opened the email; you don't need to send a read receipt. As long as that image is hosted on their webserver and unique to your email, they can tell you've viewed it. :)

SueEllen
30th September 2016, 13:05
I got an email from a supplier this week, wanting an update on a purchase I have agreed to make for a project.

The next day after not replying I got another email thanking me for reading the mail. I replied saying I was on holiday and would reply on Monday and that I though we had read receipts switched off. She sent me back the read receipt.

I'm quite tempted to reply with abusive language but can't be arsed lining up a new supplier. What would you do?

Nothing

And next time buy from elsewhere.

BrilloPad
30th September 2016, 13:07

Is she attractive?

minestrone
30th September 2016, 13:43
Is she attractive?

Doesn't seem to be on linkedin.

If she is I'll upgrade her from 'annoying' to 'sassy'.

d000hg
30th September 2016, 16:16
Would no email servers/clients automatically download the image and save the email so you can view it offline?

minestrone
30th September 2016, 16:32
Don't particularly like out of office as it confirms the email address in the same way as read and delivery receipts.

Anyway, I found the exchange to be gauche and unprofessional, like shouting "I know you're in there" through the letter box after one ring of the doorbell.

I'll probably CC in her boss and have a subtle dig, she dropped him from the conversation when she started this crap.

BrilloPad
1st October 2016, 07:17
Doesn't seem to be on linkedin.

If she is I'll upgrade her from 'annoying' to 'sassy'.

If she is unattractive get her to wear a paper bag over her head. Or do it doggy style....