• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brill CUK theories on these?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brill CUK theories on these?

Rising mental health problems among the young:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...england-survey

Diminishing wealth among the young:

Children of the 80s are only half as wealthy as those born in the 70s | Daily Mail Online

Maybe 1 is related to 2 but otherwise bit puzzled meself. Don't really understand that thing about cyber bullying, surely you can just stop visiting the page or create a new ID? Maybe all the depressing stuff about Brexit, wars, immigration, the latest looming economic collapse etc is a factor. Once you would have read bad news in the paper but maybe discussing it online, posting about it, etc. makes it much more real and personal.

What else?

PS Note the typically balanced xoggoth thread, one link from Guardian and one from Daily Mail.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I'm a bit old to have grown up with FB but I think you underestimate online bullying. On CUK you could just leave or get a new ID but a lot of online bullying is from people you know IRL... you maybe forget just how horrible kids can be, and how delicate they are. IRL you can hang out with your mates in a different place to where the idiots hang out and avoid it, but on FB I guess that's harder.

edit: parents here with kids in their teens, got any direct experience with this?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Just imagine if they'd grown up with the cold war, chernobyl, miners strikes and urban riots.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Rising mental health problems among the young:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...england-survey

Diminishing wealth among the young:

Children of the 80s are only half as wealthy as those born in the 70s | Daily Mail Online

Maybe 1 is related to 2 but otherwise bit puzzled meself. Don't really understand that thing about cyber bullying, surely you can just stop visiting the page or create a new ID? Maybe all the depressing stuff about Brexit, wars, immigration, the latest looming economic collapse etc is a factor. Once you would have read bad news in the paper but maybe discussing it online, posting about it, etc. makes it much more real and personal.

What else?

PS Note the typically balanced xoggoth thread, one link from Guardian and one from Daily Mail.
        What they need is Kelloggs Cornflakes to stop them masturbating and if that does not do it; two weeks at
        the Kelloggs Sanitarium.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harvey_Kellogg

Kellogg worked on the rehabilitation of masturbators, often employing extreme measures, even mutilation, on both sexes. He was an advocate of circumcising young boys to curb masturbation and applying phenol to a young woman's clitoris. In his Plain Facts for Old and Young,[8] he wrote:

“ A remedy which is almost always successful in small boys is circumcision, especially when there is any degree of phimosis. The operation should be performed by a surgeon without administering an anesthetic, as the brief pain attending the operation will have a salutary effect upon the mind, especially if it be connected with the idea of punishment, as it may well be in some cases. The soreness which continues for several weeks interrupts the practice, and if it had not previously become too firmly fixed, it may be forgotten and not resumed.
        And..

http://realitysandwich.com/782/mastu...victorian_age/

In 1894, Dr. A.J. Block, a physician from New Orleans, shared his disgust over female masturbation in an article entitled "Sexual Perversion in the Female." In it he describes one of his own successes, a case in which a nineteen-year-old girl was cured of a nervous disorder. After Dr. Block manhandled her vagina and labia and found no response, he decided to touch her clitoris. Her body responded with short and rapid breaths, a pale face, and slight moans, and he deduced that the clitoris itself was the cause of her disease and therefore aptly removed it.
        Last edited by Paddy; 30 September 2016, 20:46.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The youth feel abandoned by their elders who only seem to care about themselves. The same elders hand over a debt they could never hope to repay whilst removing them from the EU job market. Inflation seems to recognise everything but wages. Who wouldn't have mental health issues?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Just imagine if they'd grown up with the cold war, chernobyl, miners strikes and urban riots.
            And deely boppers!!!
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I'm a bit old to have grown up with FB but I think you underestimate online bullying. On CUK you could just leave or get a new ID but a lot of online bullying is from people you know IRL... you maybe forget just how horrible kids can be, and how delicate they are. IRL you can hang out with your mates in a different place to where the idiots hang out and avoid it, but on FB I guess that's harder.

edit: parents here with kids in their teens, got any direct experience with this?
              Only the once. My daughter, then 13, used to accept friend requests from anyone. She accepted one from a young man in Thailand. He posted "wow you are beautiful". She told Mrs bp who used my facebook account to message him and rip him out a new hole.

She only accepts friend requests from those she knows now!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                The youth feel abandoned by their elders who only seem to care about themselves. The same elders hand over a debt they could never hope to repay whilst removing them from the EU job market. Inflation seems to recognise everything but wages. Who wouldn't have mental health issues?
                Everyone only cares about themselves.

The young need to start voting. Or at least lie to pollsters.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Everyone only cares about themselves.

The young need to start voting. Or at least lie to pollsters.
                  "But voting doesn't change anything..."

Anyone over 12 who lives in or near my constituency will get a mouthful if they say that. As the parties have changed in the area a few times.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    "But voting doesn't change anything..."

Anyone over 12 who lives in or near my constituency will get a mouthful if they say that. As the parties have changed in the area a few times.
                    But it doesn't change anything. What you want is revolution! The mods will be the first up against the wall
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X