• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jolly Japes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jolly Japes

If I get really bored I may be tempted to email Jack Russell Coaching and ask if they can accept an out-of-control, manic Jack Russell for obedience classes.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

As a non-dog owner, I wonder whether a wee dram of another Jack, Jack Daniels, might help to calm your canine.
    Only a tiny amount, as I gather alcohol is not very good for dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
      As a non-dog owner, I wonder whether a wee dram of another Jack, Jack Daniels, might help to calm your canine.
      Only a tiny amount, as I gather alcohol is not very good for dogs.

We use Rescue Remedy on our Spaniel when there's fireworks, etc. It's 27% brandy.

Rescue Remedy, Natural Stress Relief Rescue Remedy, Natural Stress Relief
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        We use Rescue Remedy on our Spaniel when there's fireworks, etc. It's 27% brandy.

Rescue Remedy, Natural Stress Relief Rescue Remedy, Natural Stress Relief

Finally, something useful on CUK!

Thanks.

I wasn't sure how to approach firework night this year, since my 11 stone puppy is currently really nervy....
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

11 stone puppy?????? Ye god's. What is it? You sure you haven't bought a bear?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Thanks.

I wasn't sure how to approach firework night this year, since my 11 stone puppy is currently really nervy....
            You might need more than one bottle

On a more practical note, make sure she has somewhere enclosed to hide - putting a blanket over her crate, if she has one, works well - and don't make too much fuss yourself. If she thinks you are anxious it will make her think she has more reason to be anxious herself.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              You might need more than one bottle

On a more practical note, make sure she has somewhere enclosed to hide - putting a blanket over her crate, if she has one, works well - and don't make too much fuss yourself. If she thinks you are anxious it will make her think she has more reason to be anxious herself.

Thanks Dave. You make a really good point about me not being anxious - she really does seem to pick up on my moods quite easily (poor girl). Feel free to pop in and take over!
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Thanks.

You can also buy "Mutt Muffs" (no, seriously. Safe to Google at work), haven't tried them yet, and at £60, I'm not sure whether they are worth trying.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  11 stone puppy?????? Ye god's. What is it? You sure you haven't bought a bear?

English Mastiff - she's nearly a year old and probably slightly under average size...!
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

English Mastiff - she's nearly a year old and probably slightly under average size...!
                    Sweet jesus. They can be up to 24 stones in weight!! Blimey LOL...

And there was me thinking you were a Chihuahua in the LV handbag type!!
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X