• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Car Updated Before Taking Delivery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Car Updated Before Taking Delivery

Oh dear - have had my new car on order for the past 6 weeks and is due to be delivered at the end of Oct, only to find out that a 2017 model has just been released. Need to speak to the garage to see if they can order me a new model to same timescale and for same price, although am guessing unlikely...

Has anyone else been in this situation before ?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Oh dear - have had my new car on order for the past 6 weeks and is due to be delivered at the end of Oct, only to find out that a 2017 model has just been released. Need to speak to the garage to see if they can order me a new model to same timescale and for same price, although am guessing unlikely...

Erm, surely the news of new models has been out well before you ordered yours? Did you get tempted in by a good deal which was then getting the last of the old model stock to suckers before the new ones arrive?

Good luck trying to give them back and old model and ask for anew one for the same price. They'll love that!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My situation was worse, had the order for the wife's Bently in and found out by the time it came it would be a Volkswagen. Cancelled the order, called them some names and told them to keep the money. That showed them.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Erm, surely the news of new models has been out well before you ordered yours? Did you get tempted in by a good deal which was then getting the last of the old model stock to suckers before the new ones arrive?

Good luck trying to give them back and old model and ask for anew one for the same price. They'll love that!
        Nope - I did ask the dealer at the time when the next model upgrade is due and they advised there were no plans in the pipeline. I also did my own check before ordering and did not find anything to suggest this, and took it as there isn't given the last refresh was only 18 months ago anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

Was it ordered in person or over the phone? This can have a major impact. If you have placed a deposit down, be prepared to lose it. Don't put anything in writing you don't want it due to not being the new model either

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            My situation was worse, had the order for the wife's Bently in and found out by the time it came it would be a Volkswagen. Cancelled the order, called them some names and told them to keep the money. That showed them.
            That's a different situation to mine, so nice story but not really relevant in this instance. And it's Bentley

Comment

What's the difference between the model you ordered and the 2017 variant?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                What's the difference between the model you ordered and the 2017 variant?
                It is just a semi-facelift as opposed to major one, so not lots of changes from what I have read, but enough to make me need to ask the question.

Comment

What model is it?

At the end of the day the worst thing that could happen is you lose a deposit. However I would go the route of: "You let me order the sodding car knowing full well there would be a new model out before I got it... I want my money back."

Audi wasted the best part of a year telling me that my SQ5 was about to be delivered. In the end I saw red and got my money back and bought a Mercedes ML instead.

If the car is a good model that will be easy to get rid of then they should not have too much issue changing your order.

Next time you buy a car the first thing you ask a salesman is to confirm the state of the model cycle by email so you know when the new car/face lift is due. Most cars get a little change each year but there is normally a mid life refresh. and you will either like it or hate it and it gives you the chance to pick your side. (old for big discount) or new for extra shiny.

Comment

The 2018 model will be announced in March 2017. Maybe hold off to see what it has.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X