• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stung by BT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stung by BT

(and this is why I don't like direct debit - it's easy to overlook your statements & just let things roll while they're piling on all kinds of dubious charges)

So, was sorting out paperwork for my year end & I noticed BT had charged me £245 for a callout for faulty BT kit - a charge that was incurred back in April 2016.

I called them, they apologised & said they would credit my account.

On the back of that, I thought I'd better check the other invoices. Sure enough, cheeky sods had charged me £130 for a missed appointment (?!) in February.

Didn't even know they could do this.

I remember the incident though because the BT guy went to the wrong house so I'll be claiming that back too.

Looks like it's my word against his though as it was so long ago....

Must get into the routine of checking all my invoices & statements at least once a month...

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    (and this is why I don't like direct debit - it's easy to overlook your statements & just let things roll while they're piling on all kinds of dubious charges)

So, was sorting out paperwork for my year end & I noticed BT had charged me £245 for a callout for faulty BT kit - a charge that was incurred back in April 2016.

I called them, they apologised & said they would credit my account.

On the back of that, I thought I'd better check the other invoices. Sure enough, cheeky sods had charged me £130 for a missed appointment (?!) in February.

Didn't even know they could do this.

I remember the incident though because the BT guy went to the wrong house so I'll be claiming that back too.

Looks like it's my word against his though as it was so long ago....

Must get into the routine of checking all my invoices & statements at least once a month...

I get so-called errors on every BT bill and nearly every bank statement. I believe they are all intentional and they rely on most people either not noticing or not bothering to complain. It must make millions for their profits.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Mother in law got a 275 quid bill last week.

I'm about to go full warrior on BT in the next few days.

Comment

BT, pretty much 100% outsourced to India.

Get yourself on uSwitch and give BT the finger.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          BT, pretty much 100% outsourced to India.
          BT Business support has always been UK based in my dealings with them.

Now, they seem to have switched the operation to the Philippines. At least they were helpful on this occasion.

I looked at uSwitch & the only other option where I live is EE.

Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole - they're Indian outsourced across the board if my experience with 3 Mobile is anything to go by.

Comment

BT are staffed by a bunch of incompetent ***** and one of my life regrets will be signing up with them this year. Absolute bunch of arseholes, bulltulipters and ******* charlatans. Dicked me about for weeks, incorrectly charged me twice, lied to me and have generally made my life 100x harder than it needed to be. Shan't ever go with them again.

As the Russians used to say, once is an accident. Twice is a coincidence. Three times is enemy action deliberate, intentional fraud.

Comment

Ah Bangalore Telecom!

Unfortunately they outsourced lots of it a decade ago.

you can use plus.net BT own them but the service is UK.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Ah Bangalore Telecom!

Unfortunately they outsourced lots of it a decade ago.

you can use plus.net BT own them but the service is UK.
                I use plus.net, overall very satisfied with them. I contacted them with a problem where the wifi kept disconnecting, and the chap I spoke to (I presume in the UK judging by the northern accent) said he would send me some instructions on how to log into the router and make some changes, and he duly did. Not been a problem since I transferred to fibre anyway.

Comment

Ah BT! Closed my account with them when I moved, but noticed a few months later that they were still happily collecting my direct debit.

Called and cancelled again and found a debit yet once more.

Called again and insisted to speak to a manager, was transferred to a UK bloke who investigated and found that the account was never closed on the payment server. Hmmm.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Ah BT! Closed my account with them when I moved, but noticed a few months later that they were still happily collecting my direct debit.

Called and cancelled again and found a debit yet once more.

Called again and insisted to speak to a manager, was transferred to a UK bloke who investigated and found that the account was never closed on the payment server. Hmmm.
                    I always cancel my DD's manually my side now, because of crap like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X