• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lucky bastard!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky bastard!

One of the locals in the pub I frequent got 5 and the bonus ball in Saturdays lottery. Nice chap bought us all a drink.

Wots that worth then? £200?

And how come its only pub goers that seem to win these things...like that unemployed mother of 20 over in ireland who won the big one earlier in the year?

Mailman

Comment

I think it's more to do with who has the brains their mouth shut and who wants all the attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
        Wots that worth then? £200?

And how come its only pub goers that seem to win these things...like that unemployed mother of 20 over in ireland who won the big one earlier in the year?

Mailman
        £126,560

Comment

Be an IT contractor. It's like coming 2nd in the lottery every year!

Comment

I got 5 on the Euro lottery and only one a measly 66 quid
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
              won.

HTH
              Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

And it was whole 66 quid more than you deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                  In your first post about this you were more than happy and mentioning that it should be more than 50 quid.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                    One of the locals in the pub I frequent got 5 and the bonus ball in Saturdays lottery. Nice chap bought us all a drink.
                    Not like that other poor sod a couple of years ago, whose drinking mates copped a peep at his ticket before the draw and afterwards chalked up one of his lines on the board as the winning set.

He was about two grand down, buying rounds for the whole pub, before they broke the bad news ..

Comment

Working...
                    X