• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

lets look in the drinks cabinet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets look in the drinks cabinet

really cool but could they have made it any more 60s?

Panasonic reveals OLED screen turns into transparent glass when not in use | Daily Mail Online
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Drinks cabinet! Sooo 80's... but the pound is back to the 80's against the dollar so why not the lounge.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Pretty cool tech, but why bother with the transparent screen? Just have the screen show an image of fancy expensive art or the classics that you want people to think you read and then you don't have to waste money actually buying them.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Pretty cool tech, but why bother with the transparent screen? Just have the screen show an image of fancy expensive art or the classics that you want people to think you read and then you don't have to waste money actually buying them.
        I think a nice frame option (Modern, Victorian, Georgian etc) and the ability to frame art / pictures behind it would be the obvious enhancement, hang it on the wall that's the most obvious.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Will be great until some drunken muppet collapses into it, as they don't know its there
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Brill but prob v expensive. Will just stick with breeding ants in my double glazing.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Huh. Tony Stark has had them in his office for years.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Does it need power to maintain an image?

I like the idea for houses where a TV doesn't really fit the decor, a projector being the obvious alternative. Or just an old-fashioned wooden TV cabinet, put your 46" OLED TV behind some nice oak doors.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Always said we need more teak furniture back in the "sitting room".

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                  X