• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best site to look for contracting ..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best site to look for contracting ..

Hi everyone, I want to jump back into contracting again... could anyone point me in the right direction ... thanks Darron

To the right --->
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And here.
      http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by darron64 View Post
        Hi everyone, I want to jump back into contracting again... could anyone point me in the right direction ... thanks Darron
        If you mean the best site to look for jobs then Jobserve, Jobsite, CWJobs, Monster, networking on Linked In.

On another note, though, you may be disappointed. Depending on what you're skillset is, there's a high chance you're going to find very few jobs and very stiff competition for the ones that are there.

I've been out for a couple of months now & I wasn't out this long even at the height of the crisis.

Comment

indeed.co.uk
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It does seem a very strange market at the minute and has been for a few months.

I've recently finished a contract and been looking for around 6 weeks now and I'm finding it harder to get to the interview stage with agents as there seems too be more candidates and the rates are a bit tulip. The roles with the good rates are very stiff competition at the minute.

Comment

It does appear to be the worst market since I started contracting back in 2008. There really aren't many roles advertised.

However, I think that is more that the model is changing in that roles are going to fewer and fewer preferred suppliers/agencies who are then just placing their preferred candidates (preferably permitractors) into the roles leaving the scraps for everyone else.

I suspect if you build up a good rapport with a handful or agents/agencies then you'll find no problem getting work. In reality this is how it has always been but now there are just less roles available for those that haven't networked.

Comment

I worked with a few people in my last contract who were basically employees (attended company meetings, contributed to appraisals, etc.) and all they seem to do is move between a handful of clients they keep in touch with.

Seems that being inside IR35 has become a selling point.

Comment

Agency came to us

Several of us on this contract had worked for the agency previously, but a different agent, they contacted us and asked for availability. 3 months in between was just about the right time for me when benched.

Otherwise, Jobswerve and Indeed.
                  Last edited by anonymouse; 6 October 2016, 21:26.

Comment

Working...
                  X