PDA

View Full Version : What would JC say?

scooterscot
6th October 2016, 14:09
Right on the money I'd say:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuAeMCeWEAE8bbo.jpg

Got to love how he does not retort to May's personal jibs. He makes the opposition look like something out of the playground by saying nothing at all.

minestrone
6th October 2016, 14:15
Nobody is drawing up lists of foreign workers FFS.

Companies might be asked to show the percentage of migrant workers they employ.

minestrone
6th October 2016, 14:16
They only feckers with lists of foreign workers is the SNP...

SNP "scaremongering" over post-Brexit letter to EU nationals - The Scotsman (http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/snp-scaremongering-over-post-brexit-letter-to-eu-nationals-1-4176986)

darmstadt
6th October 2016, 14:23

Yet. Mind you, they did once say that there was no blacklist of construction workers which also proved to be untrue: Building, Construction and Allied Trades - blacklisting (http://www.unitetheunion.org/how-we-help/list-of-sectors/construction/constructionblacklisting/)

GB9
6th October 2016, 14:25
They only feckers with lists of foreign workers is the SNP...

SNP "scaremongering" over post-Brexit letter to EU nationals - The Scotsman (http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/snp-scaremongering-over-post-brexit-letter-to-eu-nationals-1-4176986)

Talk about trying to stoke up division and bad will. How low will Sturgeon and her nasty bunch of halfwits stoop next?

minestrone
6th October 2016, 14:26
Yet. Mind you, they did once say that there was no blacklist of construction workers which also proved to be untrue: Building, Construction and Allied Trades - blacklisting (http://www.unitetheunion.org/how-we-help/list-of-sectors/construction/constructionblacklisting/)

Maybe in your tiny uneducated mind that is a relevant point.

GB9
6th October 2016, 14:26

Which is the correct approach.

We should be finding out why these companies aren't using British labour, not targeting the workers themselves.

LondonManc
6th October 2016, 14:29

We should be finding out why these companies aren't using British labour, not targeting the workers themselves.

Correct. UKIP seem too focused on blaming the players, rather than the game itself.

Mordac
6th October 2016, 14:40

Because the Bobs etc are cheaper. End of. Quality is not an issue for them, because if they can show a cost reduction, they get their bonus, move on, and hope that some other feckwit gets the blame when the f**k up fairy comes to visit. It's how big business has worked for the last 15 years at least. Cheap is good. And hope the consequences will be someone else's problem.

MrMarkyMark
6th October 2016, 14:52
Because the Bobs etc are cheaper. End of. Quality is not an issue for them, because if they can show a cost reduction, they get their bonus, move on, and hope that some other feckwit gets the blame when the f**k up fairy comes to visit. It's how big business has worked for the last 15 years at least. Cheap is good. And hope the consequences will be someone else's problem.

Obviously, the most laughable thing is, overall it usually costs more than if you hired the correct personnel to do the job, in the first place.

In addition, you are bleeding GDP by spending it on transient foreign workers / consultancies who spend as little as possible whilst operating in the UK.
As for paying UK taxes due, very little of that either.

vetran
6th October 2016, 14:55

how dare you its because british workers don't want to work (for below minimum wage over a 100 hours a week) or don't have the skills required (living on a bowl of rice a day).

Darn Racist agitator!

Mordac
6th October 2016, 14:57
how dare you its because british workers don't want to work (for below minimum wage over a 100 hours a week) or don't have the skills required (living on a bowl of rice a day).

Darn Racist agitator!

Damn, you caught me there...:igmc:

MrMarkyMark
6th October 2016, 14:58

Darn Racist agitator!

£30 PD, based here I have seen, although a run down terraced house in Hounslow, to house 10, was provided.

LondonManc
6th October 2016, 15:01

Absolutely this. We're in a world now where cost is king 90% of the time and instant bottom line is what matters. The primary responsibility of a plc is to its shareholders, but that seems to only be concerned with the current share price rather than the long term one, which is obviously of far more interest to the pension funds.

SueEllen
6th October 2016, 15:03
£30 PD, based here I have seen, although a run down terraced house in Hounslow, to house 10, was provided.

You mean they took "living costs" out of the rent.

And only 10?

You can do 4-6 to a room in bunk beds in shifts.

Some of those Hounslow houses have good sized rooms with a dining room, living room and kitchen plus a good size garden where you can fit a shed in or extend the garage.

MrMarkyMark
6th October 2016, 15:07
You mean they took "living costs" out of the rent.

And only 10?

You can do 4-6 to a room in bunk beds in shifts.

Some of those Hounslow houses have good sized rooms with a dining room, living room and kitchen plus a good size garden where you can fit a shed in or extend the garage.

I'm sure they did.
Maybe, they were just waiting for others to join.

Anyways, not a bad bit of business as I know the client was paying at least £300 PD for them :smokin
They were bleeding useless, mind.

Sue, you're wasted here you should be helping the large consultancies house their ICTs in a more cost effective manner :D.

Flashman
6th October 2016, 15:51
Voters back naming and shaming. Labour voters by a large majority and even most Lib Dems!

Voters Back Naming & Shaming - Guido Fawkes Guido Fawkes (http://order-order.com/2016/10/06/voters-back-naming-shaming/)

Perhaps those employers who run squealing to the newspapers whenever someone suggests reducing immigration are the same ones that employ lots of migrants?

Perhaps those employers are also the same one's who employ lots of casual workers on zero hours contracts?

Maybe some of these 'jobs' are not even advertised in this country?

Lets have it all out in the open and then we'll know....

Quite why the Government can't tell us this anyway is a mystery. Surely they keep track of foreign workers ? And are not just handing out NI numbers to anyone who asks for them? :eyes

vetran
6th October 2016, 16:00
Quite why the Government can't tell us this anyway is a mystery. Surely they keep track of foreign workers ? And are not just handing out NI numbers to anyone who asks for them? :eyes

This

d000hg
6th October 2016, 16:45
I saw "JC" and "May" and "personal jibes" and though this was about the new "It's not Top Gear but really it is" show.

vetran
6th October 2016, 16:51
I saw "JC" and "May" and "personal jibes" and though this was about the new "It's not Top Gear but really it is" show.

yeah pr1cks with sticks.

darmstadt
6th October 2016, 17:08
Maybe in your tiny uneducated mind that is a relevant point.

Unlike your one track mind:

Under the plans, firms employing from abroad could have to use tests to ensure foreign workers do not take jobs “British people could do”.

Businesses may even be “named and shamed” by being forced to publish what proportion of their workforce comes from overseas. Foreigners looking for work driving taxis could be faced with mandatory immigration checks and overseas students will also be hit by much tougher rules.

Presumably if Scotland decide to go it alone then all the Scottish people would all have to **** off back to the Gorbals :laugh

scooterscot
6th October 2016, 17:15
Absolutely this. We're in a world now where cost is king 90% of the time and instant bottom line is what matters. The primary responsibility of a plc is to its shareholders, but that seems to only be concerned with the current share price rather than the long term one, which is obviously of far more interest to the pension funds.

Tell that to the privately owned and operated companies like BMW or Porsche. Quality matters. Yes shareholder short-termisn plc is driven by cost for a quick profit. But it's also the quickest route to their grave. There are no winners in the race to the bottom. Period. China being a prime example, built on the back of cheap labour, spiralling growth, and now drunk on debt. They'll now have to compete with west and since they copy everyone else they might find themselves up against the buffers quick sharp.

Really up to what business owners want, legacy/reputation or a quick buck. Can't have both.

minestrone
6th October 2016, 17:22
Tell that to the privately owned and operated companies like BMW or Porsche. Quality matters. Yes shareholder short-termisn plc is driven by cost for a quick profit. But it's also the quickest route to their grave. There are no winners in the race to the bottom. Period. China being a prime example, built on the back of cheap labour, spiralling growth, and now drunk on debt. They'll now have to compete with west and since they copy everyone else they might find themselves up against the buffers quick sharp.

Really up to what business owners want, legacy/reputation or a quick buck. Can't have both.

How much apple tech have you bought?

scooterscot
6th October 2016, 17:47

I'm thinking about your underpants made in some sweatshop in Bangladesh.

Apple places itself in China not just for the cost of labour but also if they want 100,000 screws of this type you just cross the street, or 5,000 screens of this type, the next st along. The working conditions in foxcomm are just like financial boiler rooms in the city!

minestrone
6th October 2016, 17:53
I'm thinking about your underpants made in some sweatshop in Bangladesh.

Apple places itself in China not just for the cost of labour but also if they want 100,000 screws of this type you just cross the street, or 5,000 screens of this type, the next st along. The working conditions in foxcomm are just like financial boiler rooms in the city!

Apple make 500 quid profit off each phone.

scooterscot
6th October 2016, 18:14
Apple make 500 quid profit off each phone.

Not bad. I bought my last iPhone for €260 (on trading in with the old).

Someone somewhere is good with numbers.

SueEllen
6th October 2016, 18:18

None.

:laugh

However all my android phones, laptops and other computer bits and pieces come from China.

d000hg
6th October 2016, 20:53
£30 PD, based here I have seen, although a run down terraced house in Hounslow, to house 10, was provided.So a bit like Brits used to live in the mining days then... except then it was 3 generations of the same family in the same house

westtester
7th October 2016, 07:32

I'm in a situation like this right now. We had a flood of Cognizent 'consultants' brought in to make up for a shortfall in devs and testers. They are worse than useless, I can see stressed out permies having to explain the same thing to them over and over again. I've sat in meetings where it's taken the full hour to explain something to them which should be obvious in around 10 minutes to a cretin. Despite a huge headcount, the project is falling behind week on week.....

The_Equalizer
7th October 2016, 08:47

Interesting you mentioned German car manafacturers. Mercedes cut costs from the mid-late 1990s to early 2000s and did serious damage to their reputation. Their cars rusted like the shi7e from the 1970s.

vetran
7th October 2016, 08:53
So a bit like Brits used to live in the mining days then... except then it was 3 generations of the same family in the same house

Nah that's the Indians. House next door is up for sale (£600k) only people who came to see it were Indian with multiple generations.

greenlake
7th October 2016, 17:22
House next door is up for sale (£600k) only people who came to see it were Indian with multiple generations.

At least you won't have far to go when you need to borrow a chutney spoon....

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/05/11/33DB291C00000578-0-image-m-49_1462443989323.jpg

MrMarkyMark
7th October 2016, 17:31

Or a chillum, Boom Shankar :cool2:

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-4ce982ac66552aa62b37ea1117097aec?convert_to_webp=t rue

vetran
7th October 2016, 18:25

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/05/11/33DB291C00000578-0-image-m-49_1462443989323.jpg

pretty happy actually they normally make great Neighbours.

Paddy
7th October 2016, 19:14

Had this so many times. Eg, A few years ago at a well-known consultancy; a new departmental manager arrived to cut costs. After a couple of months, 2/3rds of the experienced project team were made redundant. Then a wait of four weeks for recent graduate Bobs to be transferred from Bangalore Office; they were paper qualified but many had never used a computer. Departmental manager receives a large bonus for doing a wonderful job of cutting costs and then buggers off. Projects delayed while HR advertises for local permies at Bob rates. Surprise, no applicants, more Bobs arrive. Lots of poo to clean up in more ways than one.

scooterscot
7th October 2016, 19:27
Interesting you mentioned German car manafacturers. Mercedes cut costs from the mid-late 1990s to early 2000s and did serious damage to their reputation. Their cars rusted like the shi7e from the 1970s.

Find me a car that din't rust in the 1970's!

scooterscot
7th October 2016, 19:28

Cars (wherever they are from) have come a long way since then.

vetran
7th October 2016, 21:32

Cars (wherever they are from) have come a long way since then.

The Rover P6 Club | About the Rover P6, the defining sports saloon of a generation (http://www.p6club.com/content/rover-p6)