• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where have all the square mile grafters gone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm talking about a 12 hour day as standard. Half an hour for lunch.

I'm talking about total commitment to deliverables. Total commitment. I want to see tears. I want to see people falling out, leaders of men emerge.

I'm talking about fisticuffs outside meetings. No accountability these days. Ownership is frowned upon.

Presenting yourself at the pub after work. No questions asked.

Now it's all about flexibility and lifestyle. And taking a morning off for the dentist or a haircut, on work time.

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post

I'm talking about total commitment to deliverables. Total commitment. I want to see tears. I want to see people falling out, leaders of men emerge.

I'm talking about fisticuffs outside meetings. No accountability these days. Ownership is frowned upon.

Now it's all about flexibility and lifestyle. And taking a morning off for the dentist or a haircut, on work time.
    Have you not read about the UKIP fight
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I much prefer getting home in time rested and ready to watch the Great British Bake off.

Comment

That's pretty standard for the Perms I know.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Since the bonuses went south, they can't afford the requisite quantities of Colombian marching powder necessary to sustain such conditions. Still, judging by some of the ads I'm seeing nowadays, recruitment consultants are filling the gap in demand...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Since the bonuses went south, they can't afford the requisite quantities of Colombian marching powder necessary to sustain such conditions. Still, judging by some of the ads I'm seeing nowadays, recruitment consultants are filling the gap in demand...

Indeed. The half an hour was just for a Colombian lunch, as they certainly wouldn't have the appetite to eat anything
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Comment

Depends on the sector you work in and the scale of your delivery.

I usually do 10-12 hour days in the office with a 10 minute lunch at the desk, as do most others I've worked with.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                  Don't worry. Be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by blackeye View Post
                    Depends on the sector you work in and the scale of your delivery.

I usually do 10-12 hour days in the office with a 10 minute lunch at the desk, as do most others I've worked with.
                    That's some serious pole choking.

Comment

Working...
                    X