• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

€1.11/£ - Flash crash my lower rear anatomy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't panic! Don't panic!

But Skynet might panic and just wipe out the lot us. You've been warned.

Flash crash 'triggered by algorithm' drags pound lower
    Last edited by scooterscot; 7 October 2016, 05:25.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Fluct-u-asians. No Fluck-u-britishers....

Comment

I'm not panicking - I'm getting a payrise

Comment

Hmm maybe I will go take that contract in Belgium. 750 Euros/day didn't sound too appealing before but it's sounding better by the day

Comment

You are the resistance!

Comment

When starting my company the best decision I made was to price my software in dollars.

Comment

Hello €1.10/£

Where will this end. I was jesting about parity by Christmas. Feck it, a full on crash of the currency could be interesting...
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Hello €1.10/£

Where will this end. I was jesting about parity by Christmas. Feck it, a full on crash of the currency could be interesting...
                I presume you're wishing this on your fellow Scots too.

Comment

Thanks to the brexiteers my European savings are suddenly worth almost 20% more then they were 4 months ago
                  At this moment:

Pound - Euro 1.1029 was over 1.30 on June 22nd
                  Pound - dollar 1.227 was 1.47 on June 22nd

Transferring a substantial amount of pounds into my Euro accounts just before the brexit vote turned out to be the right choice and has given me a huge profit

Comment

Time to buy your Xmas presents now before inflation starts raising its ugly head.

Comment

Working...
                    X