• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monzo Bank - anyone use it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monzo Bank - anyone use it?

Just noticed they now have an android app so looking at it again. However, I still can't figure out, apart from fx rates, why it is or will be any better than using my bank.

https://monzo.com/

Is anyone using them?

Originally posted by TheBA View Post
    Just noticed they now have an android app so looking at it again. However, I still can't figure out, apart from fx rates, why it is or will be any better than using my bank.

Is anyone using them?
    They have a very good app which instantly categorizes what you've spent money on.

And a fx exchange rate for cash machine withdrawals that will never be matched...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      They have a very good app which instantly categorizes what you've spent money on.

And a fx exchange rate for cash machine withdrawals that will never be matched...
      Is that just in the UK, eek?
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBA View Post

Is anyone using them?
        FAQ - "our Authorisation is currently restricted, meaning we can't yet offer full bank accounts." At the moment it's prepaid debit cards only, so no bank account until next year at the earliest.

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
          FAQ - "our Authorisation is currently restricted, meaning we can't yet offer full bank accounts." At the moment it's prepaid debit cards only, so no bank account until next year at the earliest.
          That's slightly out of date I believe.

As for the previous question no happily used them in turkey last week...

Comment

I'll take your word for it - it's what their website says. You'd have thought that they could have done a press release or updated the website if they were now able to offer bank accounts - it's kind of important in a bank, one would presume.
            Last edited by missinggreenfields; 7 October 2016, 16:59.

Comment

Sounds good, if you are away a lot then, thanks
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by missinggreenfields View Post
                I'll take your word for it - it's what their website says. You'd have thought that they could have done a press release or updated the website if they were now able to offer bank accounts - it's kind of important in a bank, one would presume.
                I believe the difference is now that they could offer bank accounts but need to finish all the software off, previously they couldn't as they didn't have a banking licence

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Sounds good, if you are away a lot then, thanks
                  It is. Going forward my travel cards will be
                  Monzo for cash withdrawals
                  Supercard for payments (as I can put that on a card)

Comment

Looks like they have a restricted banking licence. Guess I'll have to wait in the queue, only 10,212 applications ahead of me! Could be worse 170 behind me

Comment

Working...
                    X