• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Market

...ah what's happened, there seems to be more and more contractors, looking for work, diving off into permiedom etc etc.

Who's looking , on the bench, going permie
    I'm alright Jack

still on contract til january... doubt i would look to go permie to be honest..
    weren't we saying 3 weeks ago how good the market was at the moment ...at least for developers...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

I finished my gig a week ago and thought I'd be off until early next year, but 3 jobs appearred up here in the sunny North East on friday morning!

tulipe money like, but fine to tide me over. So here's hoping...
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Got a gig until January next year...no permiedom for me, put down 50k offer last month. I'm thinking to have a break next year in February, not quite sure yet...
        Anyway the market looks quite tulipe now in telecom in terms of number of contracts, not price.
        Btw, how many of you would choose a contract abroad? I would like to dive into one next year, just waiting for the proper moment...

Viktor
        The rest is silence...

Comment

Market seems to be booming at the moment. I've just got a 10% rise to my best ever rate for the next six months
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp
            Market seems to be booming at the moment. I've just got a 10% rise to my best ever rate for the next six months

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
              I finished my gig a week ago and thought I'd be off until early next year, but 3 jobs appearred up here in the sunny North East on friday morning!

tulipe money like, but fine to tide me over. So here's hoping...
              You just happen to be lucky enough to live in an area that has a shortage of bus drivers

Comment

Finished last Tuesday. phone calls, lots of woffle from agencies but no work yet. Not that I'm panicking yet but

Comment

re-signed until end of Jan and the client has said they want me for at least 6 months after that !! Keep being asked to go for interviews, turned down a 70k perm job with benifits as its not right for me at the mo. Things are looking ok as far as I can see....
                  SA says;
                  Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Forumbore
                    You just happen to be lucky enough to live in an area that has a shortage of bus drivers
                    Ah Forumbore - are you still hating me over that little Futisu argument?!

Lets make friends man
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X