• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland better than England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotland better than England

My self satisfied smug feeling of superiority has been blown.

Scotland is way better than England, says the EU – here's why | Metro News
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Its on access to deep fried Mars bars & the pill.

Scots also had more personal freedoms than those in England (judged by asking people how satisfied they were with the ability to choose how they led their lives, such as practising religion and accessing birth control).

These are the scores out of 100.

Wales: 72

England: 72.7

Northern Ireland: 73.2

Scotland: 74

The report, using EU statistics, found Scots were more likely to die from things such as a car accident. They also had the lowest rating in the UK for ‘nutrition and basic medical care’ (apologies Scots – just think of your human rights record).
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

better is such a broad word
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Its on access to deep fried Mars bars & the pill

Scotland: 74
        Given the amount of fat teenage mothers in jockland I guess they are getting too much of the first and not really understanding how to use the 2nd?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          better is such a broad word
          so is most of Scotland's population

Health of Scotland’s population - Healthy Weight

Comment

Think I'm beginning to understand why England din't come out on top.

Tolerance of minorities - tick
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I stopped reading at this point :-

People living there had better education and a more tolerant attitude towards minorities.

Presumably being English is not counted as a minority in that survey.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                My self satisfied smug feeling of superiority has been blown.

Scotland is way better than England, says the EU – here's why | Metro News
                Of course Scotland has a better quality of life, no one has to worry about growing old
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Given the amount of fat teenage mothers in jockland I guess they are getting too much of the first and not really understanding how to use the 2nd?
                  Note: The pill deep fried in crunchy batter doesn't work, same goes for condoms.
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Note: The pill deep fried in crunchy batter doesn't work, same goes for condoms.
                    someone should tell you are supposed to wear the condoms not chew them.

Comment

Working...
                    X