• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

White Punks on Dope

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Punks on Dope

Tubes @ The Fleece last night.

Wow, what a gig - bondage, crossdressing you name it. A criminally underated band.

Only slightly marred by the asshole behind me who sneezed cider over the back of my head all through the gig

They don't look that punk to me, they look like my dad. Just checked some of their old vids - not too shabby! I was thinking this might have been a new band. I am seeing a lot more punk and goth influenced kiddies about at the minute - I think the kids are rebelling against their pill-head parents and dance music.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      They don't look that punk to me, they look like my dad. Just checked some of their old vids - not too shabby! I was thinking this might have been a new band. I am seeing a lot more punk and goth influenced kiddies about at the minute - I think the kids are rebelling against their pill-head parents and dance music.
      They became popular around the same time as punk which is why they got labelled that way although their outrageous stage act probably had more to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
        They became popular around the same time as punk which is why they got labelled that way although their outrageous stage act probably had more to do with it.
        The stage act of one of the vids I saw (first result in You Tube) was superb, way out there for the time. On stilts, with makeup and arse hanging out - shocker! Life seems pretty bland in comparison to those days...

Comment

Seen them a couple of times now - always a quality show.

Comment

Working...
          X