• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Instructions for American Servicemen in Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instructions for American Servicemen in Britain

A fascinating guide from 1944. Instructions for American Servicemen in Britain 1942 - Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Yep. Love the comment about our not being pantywaists.

Comment

Saved for later! Thanks for sharing.

Don't know if I'll get past "Britain is a cradle of democracy."

Made a PDF of it.. even OCR'd, good grief.
      Last edited by scooterscot; 12 October 2016, 09:44.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Don't know if I'll get past "Britain is a cradle of democracy."
        Why?

Comment

Page five referencing "you can make just as many boners in their eyes" is a damn fine line!

Comment

They upgraded this advice in the eighties for American Personnel serving in Germany. It basically boiled down to saying "If you mix with the Brits, don't whatever you do try and keep up with them if you go out drinking, and for God's sake don't pick a fight with them".

Most of the Yanks I met were fine, although some needed to be wary of the fashion Police.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              They upgraded this advice in the eighties for American Personnel serving in Germany. It basically boiled down to saying "If you mix with the Brits, don't whatever you do try and keep up with them if you go out drinking, and for God's sake don't pick a fight with them".

Most of the Yanks I met were fine, although some needed to be wary of the fashion Police.
              A squaddie friend told me that, as of about 10 years ago, they American soldiers were still told don't drink with the British, don't gamble with the British and don't fight with the British.
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
              X