• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone left a contract early?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone left a contract early?

If so, how did it go?

I have a good opportunity - more hassle as further away, but professionally it is the right move, it came to me as opposed to me actively looking.

So, I put my notice in yesterday. It did not go down at all well, tried to get me to change my mind, thinking a conversation would smooth things over. Think they regret notice being just a week, but that is not my problem.

First time and hopefully the last that I have put notice in to leave from a contract.

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    If so, how did it go?

I have a good opportunity - more hassle as further away, but professionally it is the right move, it came to me as opposed to me actively looking.

So, I put my notice in yesterday. It did not go down at all well, tried to get me to change my mind, thinking a conversation would smooth things over. Think they regret notice being just a week, but that is not my problem.

First time and hopefully the last that I have put notice in to leave from a contract.
    How do you fit all your contracts on your CV.

You seem to be in and out more than a sailor on port leave
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You think that's bad, wait till they refuse to pay your last invoice then.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Related thread here;

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ly-notice.html

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          How do you fit all your contracts on your CV.
          Those burgers don't flip themselves, but it's the same activity each time so it fits just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Those burgers don't flip themselves, but it's the same activity each time so it fits just fine.
            Oh noes... He's dooooomed I tell ye, doomed!!

Burger machine that churns out burgers set to work the grill at Bay Area restaurant | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              the employers just count the stars, once they see 3 stars they know he can do the gherkins!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I left at two o'clock last Friday...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Indeed we should be skilling up our young and reducing the number of people after low end jobs. Or we can just import cheap labour then have no idea what to do with it when the plates stop spinning.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Indeed we should be skilling up our young and reducing the number of people after low end jobs. Or we can just import cheap labour then have no idea what to do with it when the plates stop spinning.
                    We buy one of these...

https://vimeo.com/90954819

Comment

Working...
                    X