• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virtue signalling foul mouthed songstress

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtue signalling foul mouthed songstress

Lily Allen apologises after crying during a visit to the Jungle in Calais  | Daily Mail Online

Looks like Lily Allen is at it now.

Lily Allen has apologised ‘on behalf of my country’ after seeing the squalid conditions refugees are languishing in at the Jungle camp in Calais.
    On her visit to the camp, Allen’s outfit included a £130 Unif 'Strips’ bomber jacket and a pair of £140 Illestreva Leonard round-frame sunglasses - and she appeared to have had a manicure.

Allen said she frequently ‘sits next to millionaires at dinner’, and that she would like to be able to ask them to ‘put their hands in their pocket’.

The singer tweeted pictures earlier this year after going to a party attended by guests including Rupert Murdoch and Nigel Farage.

Allen also told the show: 'If you're going to spends hundreds and hundreds of millions of pounds on getting involved in conflicts in these areas, there has to be some kind of contingency fund for the fallout.

‘These children have been displaced have had to run away from what they know - we have to take the responsibility.'

The singer added that she would ‘100 per cent’ take an unaccompanied child into her home, adding: 'Who wouldn't?'

She continued: ‘These children are being displaced - (if) there's room for people in my house, I'm going to take them in. I think anyone would.
    oh goody they can play with Pixie Balls & Bob's migrant kids .....
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Lily Allen apologises after crying during a visit to the Jungle in Calais* | Daily Mail Online

Looks like Lily Allen is at it now.

She could afford some serious upgrades to the camp out of her own pocket

Lily Allen Net Worth - TheRichest

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

Exactly, maybe being worth only £20 million, is not enough to call oneself a millionaire these days
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

indeed
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          I wouldn't wish that on any kid due to the unfortunate things that has happened to that family
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            I wouldn't wish that on any kid due to the unfortunate things that has happened to that family
            every refugee can breathe a sigh of relief!

So Bob Geldof, where are your refugees? | Coffee House
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

With a few exceptions, like Vanessa Redgrave, these liberal lefty celebrities are mostly hypocrites.

Even if they did take in any refugees you can bet they'd be well vetted. Unlike those housed among ordinary people.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 12 October 2016, 19:07.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The result of our foreign policy is in part the reason why many of them are there.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The result of our foreign policy is in part the reason why many of them are there
                  Don't disagree with that. Those ill thought out actions, in Afghanistan, Iraq or Libya, achieved worse than nothing. It beats me why our supposedly well advised and intelligent leaders keep doing these things. You can't change societies in a few years, it takes many generations. In some cases the results were totally predictable, did you need to be an expert to know that there would be tensions between Sunnis, Shias and Kurds in Iraq if SH was removed? I recall a chap in the pub telling me that when the war started.

True, SH was one of the nastiest dictators ever but maybe getting him to moderate in return for some heavily disguised bribery would have worked better and been far cheaper.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Don't disagree with that. Those ill thought out actions, in Afghanistan, Iraq or Libya, achieved worse than nothing. It beats me why our supposedly well advised and intelligent leaders keep doing these things. You can't change societies in a few years, it takes many generations. In some cases the results were totally predictable, did you need to be an expert to know that there would be tensions between Sunnis, Shias and Kurds in Iraq if SH was removed? I recall a chap in the pub telling me that when the war started.

True, SH was one of the nastiest dictators ever but maybe getting him to moderate in return for some heavily disguised bribery would have worked better and been far cheaper.
                    One reason why we are having difficulties with the Russians in Syria. Yes al-Assad is an evil bastard but if he's gotten rid off in the process of getting rid of Daesh, then another lot of evil bastards will spring up to take all their places.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X