• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many people in the UK on £50k have got £60k spare cash for a deposit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people in the UK on £50k have got £60k spare cash for a deposit?

I think we need to know.

Not this again AtW. Please, please please make it stop. I just can't take another 15 threads of you loosing the argument again.

* attaches noose to own neck and climbs onto the desk.

Comment

Most people borrow the money for a deposit. Unfortunately the more people borrow; the more they price themselves out of the market. The best way to stop the house price spiral is to make it compulsory to have a 30% non borrowed deposit and a maximum of 2 ½ times salary mortgage over 20 years.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife

* attaches noose to own neck and climbs onto the desk.
        Can you do that on a Webcam?
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I just faxed to local New-Liebour MP my draft of "Affordable Housing Bill 2006" that limits house price raises to that of official inflation, maximum amount allowed to be borrowed is limited to x2 price of the house using disposable income for calculations.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
            Can you do that on a Webcam?

Nah, not allowed vids on client site. Which reminds me, I should really check that substitution clause before jumping off the desk.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              I just faxed to local New-Liebour MP my draft of "Affordable Housing Bill 2006" that limits house price raises to that of official inflation, maximum amount allowed to be borrowed is limited to x2 price of the house using disposable income for calculations.
              AtW, get a girlfriend and stop being such an onanist!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                I just faxed to local New-Liebour MP my draft of "Affordable Housing Bill 2006" that limits house price raises to that of official inflation
                You are still showing disturbing authoritarian tendencies. Every time you think something is not as you would like to see it, your reaction is that the law should compel people to act as you want them to.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                  Every time you think something is not as you would like to see it, your reaction is that the law should compel people to act as you want them to.
                  No, this is the democratic way with rule of law.

Authoritarian way would be to have troops take care of the problem around 3-4am when those who disagree with the regime have nice dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    No, this is the democratic way with rule of law.

Authoritarian way would be to have troops take care of the problem around 3-4am when those who disagree with the regime have nice dreams.
                    How about the following attitude?

"I don't like it, but that is no reason why it should be illegal". No, I don't suppose that makes sense to you. Sigh.

Comment

Working...
                    X