• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Japan job offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japan job offer

1-year contract, $200k US, school fees + apartment paid for, $10k golden handshake

Tempted but still thinking Bavaria is the better option. Anyone else here had experience of living in Japan with family? What were your experiences?

Thinking the better option is to remain in Germany to get my passport in the couple of years before Wrexit kicks in.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

It's nice they'll pay your school fees, what A-levels are you going to take?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I've been to Miso Tasty in Leeds.....

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        It's nice they'll pay your school fees, what A-levels are you going to take?
        Basketweaving!
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          1-year contract, $200k US, school fees + apartment paid for, $10k golden handshake

Tempted but still thinking Bavaria is the better option. Anyone else here had experience of living in Japan with family? What were your experiences?

Thinking the better option is to remain in Germany to get my passport in the couple of years before Wrexit kicks in.
          If Japan has a block on CUk Can I suggest you take it
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Go for it. I'm sure they'll make you feel most welcome....

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              If Japan has a block on CUk Can I suggest you take it
              And Japan has less waking hours overlap, to please take the Japan gig.

TIA
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

It's good if you're into the bamboo, like me- big time.

Working hours are tough in Japan, culturally you can't leave before your boss.

Nightlife in Tokyo is excellent.

Bear in mind that the local rubbers are a bit small - like putting a turtle next sweater on a big headed fat bloke.

I found it quite expensive to be there.

Tokyo is a weird place - the locals are nuts, but very nice. You need to learn some Japanese really, to live proper in Japan. It's not like Honkers or Singers. Though there are expat communities there in certain areas.

Do you like buying used knickers from vending machines? If so, you'll love it. That is optional mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
                  Bear in mind that the local rubbers are a bit small - like putting a turtle next sweater on a big headed fat bloke.
                  Are Next branching out into pet fashion accessories? Are they similar to turtleneck sweaters at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
                    It's good if you're into the bamboo, like me- big time.

Working hours are tough in Japan, culturally you can't leave before your boss.

Nightlife in Tokyo is excellent.

I found it quite expensive to be there.

Tokyo is a weird place - the locals are nuts, but very nice. You need to learn some Japanese really, to live proper in Japan. It's not like Honkers or Singers. Though there are expat communities there in certain areas.

Do you like buying used knickers from vending machines? If so, you'll love it. That is optional mind.
                    Hookers and singers FFS.

Own up which public school did you go to. 😜

Comment

Working...
                    X