• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WeSwap crowd-funding share ownership?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeSwap crowd-funding share ownership?

Anyone else got an email about this? Presumably this is not an IPO and they aren't on the stock exchange - has anyone looked into it yet?

https://www.weswap.com/en/invest/
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

The first word I read there was wife-swap.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I got the email, looks interesting. Will see what the details say when they come out on October 21st.

I already have a seedrs account so I may as well look at the details and see whether it's worth a punt.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I wouldn't even click the link ... Of course its dodgy.
        So without knowing anything about it, you know that it's dodgy. Care to give any more details on why it's not worth considering investing in the business?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I wouldn't even click the link ... Of course its dodgy.
          They're a real, reputable company. The question is how a "crowd sourced" share issue works, or what it is, not if WeSwap is a good investment. I never heard of this being done and I want to know what exactly you'd be buying - some shares but not through an exchange? How would you sell them, or would you not sell them but get profit sharing like some form of CoOp?

Comment

Looks like a pretty good idea to be fair.

Cut out the commercial exchange providers, give both sides of the deal a better rate while still being able to make money on it.

Looks well funded and resourced.

Rates not the best but better than most atm. £500 gets you $603.54

John Lewis will get you £605.7
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Looks like a pretty good idea to be fair.

Cut out the commercial exchange providers, give both sides of the deal a better rate while still being able to make money on it.

Looks well funded and resourced.

Depends how quickly you want it - immediate swap has a 1.4% charge, 3 days 1.3% 7 days 0% - so £500 today gets $609.85 in 7 days at the moment. But that's what Revolut gives you immediately.

Comment

IIRC if you recommend friends you get lifetime bonuses on the cheaper rates faster or something. But it seems a good service.

However can we focus on what a crowd-sourced share-issue means?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

I bet you don't
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    IIRC if you recommend friends you get lifetime bonuses on the cheaper rates faster or something. But it seems a good service.

However can we focus on what a crowd-sourced share-issue means?
                    They are using Seedr, basically it allows smaller businesses to run an IPO and offer shares to the public without the overheads of having to deal with all the legal and regulatory compliance involved. Seedr does all the heavy lifting for you, for a set fee based on the funds you want to raise. Investors use the Seedr site to find business they want to invest in without going through a conventional broker or the stock markets. You still end up as a shareholder once the investment round closes, just as you would with any other investment.

Free Agent was funded this way.

https://www.seedrs.com/raise
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X