• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accounting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounting

New to this contracting game and been directed to Pulse Accounting Limited
    Anyone using them?

Originally posted by iconfused View Post
    New to this contracting game and been directed to Pulse Accounting Limited
    Anyone using them?
    If anyone offers you 85% take home pay, read this first - HMRC Guide - Tax avoidance: an introduction
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      If anyone offers you 85% take home pay, read this first - HMRC Guide - Tax avoidance: an introduction
      Hmm. It does say 'up to' and they do offer FreeAgent. Having a quick scan of the site doesn't look like it's one of our bargepole friends.

The features and pricing page seems to cover all the standard stuff we expect from our normal bona-fide accountants.

I could be wrong and the OP has to do their homework but that might have been an unfair call. Still good to read that link and go in with eyes open though.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 13 October 2016, 20:43.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Hmm. It does say 'up to' and they do offer FreeAgent. Having a quick scan of the site doesn't look like it's one of our bargepole friends.

The features and pricing page seems to cover all the standard stuff we expect from our normal bona-fide accountants.

I could be wrong and the OP has to do their homework but that might have been an unfair call. Still good to read that link and go in with eyes open though.
        Snag is, it is getting increasingly difficult to tell for sure, the scheme sellers are getting ever more clever how they rope people in. Those guys could be perfectly reputable, it's getting more difficult to get that message across IMO.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Accountant

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

With Pulse being accredited with the FCSA (Julia Kermode and her colleagues), they're subject to audit and review by external accountants which includes checking they're not part of any "scheme".

Comment

Originally posted by Darren at DynamoAccounts View Post
            With Pulse being accredited with the FCSA (Julia Kermode and her colleagues), they're subject to audit and review by external accountants which includes checking they're not part of any "scheme".
            That's a good point to check.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Accounting

Shouldn't have any problems with Pulse. I've met a couple of their guys and they've a good operation. Founder is a contractor, rather than an accountant, but I guess you could take that as a plus or a minus.

Although the 85% claim on homepage strikes me as a bit of a mistake. Makes them look like a scheme outfit which they're not. Doubt if 85% is even manageable these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
                Shouldn't have any problems with Pulse. I've met a couple of their guys and they've a good operation. Founder is a contractor, rather than an accountant, but I guess you could take that as a plus or a minus.

Although the 85% claim on homepage strikes me as a bit of a mistake. Makes them look like a scheme outfit which they're not. Doubt if 85% is even manageable these days.
                Quite a bold mistake to make ! I would steer clear of this outfit based on this alone...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                  Quite a bold mistake to make ! I would steer clear of this outfit based on this alone...
                  Which IMO is a pretty poor way of looking at it. The feedback above and a couple of minutes researching the site would prove otherwise. Researching is looking in to things not coming to rash and incorrect decisions on one point.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Accounting

To the OP: this forum in an excellent resource for newbies - one reason is because of all the free advice accountants provide. Maybe you should consider one of those.
                    Last edited by Contractor UK; 14 October 2016, 10:37. Reason: Pitching :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X