• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proof the SAS are thick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof the SAS are thick

SAS soldier 'investigated for Iraq War mercy killing' - BBC News

So he owns up to committing a crime? And instead of saying he was exaggerating, he says he will go to court. Wow!

My brother once told the story of how he turned down the SAS. On day 17 of a one month selection, he remembered that in his 1st year of being an officer in 1para he was treated like dirt. After that he had an easy life. And could not face another year of being treated like dirt.

My sister pointed out just after that story he was transferred to NATO for 2 years. Which could have been a SAS posting. But he can't say.

No-one is supposed to admit to being in the SAS. More proof he is a fool.

I'm in the SAS. It's a tulip job but someone's got to do it: https://www.sas.org.uk/
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Hi, maybe you might like to remember that some (a very small minority) live by something called an honour code.

He's not stupid, neither is he prepared to dishonour his name by lying about something that is clearly going to come out if the evidence is looked at in the detail required by and enquiry.

He is asking to be judged on the facts. Facts that for most of us couldn't live with if we had to walk in his shoes.

Comment

Sort of similar to Sgt Blackman and even Lance Corporal F for his part in the Bloody Sunday massacre in Derry in 1972...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          Hi, maybe you might like to remember that some (a very small minority) live by something called an honour code.
          I used to be like that until I experienced the family courts. And retrospective legislation further puts me off.

My brother always told me that being in the army was about being part of the government PR machine. No honour involved there. Maybe it is just the Ruperts?

There are many jobs I am not qualified for. Fortunately these days one has a choice about if to join the army - unlike in the world wars.

Comment

My current topic of interest at the moment is Bloody Sunday, and the Saville (no Jimmy) report into it, it's amazing how many rules etc there are with the Army and their Rules of Engagement etc, serial numbers of weapons records with who they are allocated to, how many rounds soldiers are used with and how many they fired and returned and checked and balanced.

Commanding officers each have a List of Engagements or some similar name of who fired what from where at who, trajectories etc, and a Yellow Card stating the rules of when to fire, under what circumstances etc, all very good from an accountabilty point of view but doesn't help when soldiers have private rounds (illegal) and just go mental like Lance Corporal F did that day.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              SAS soldier 'investigated for Iraq War mercy killing' - BBC News

So he owns up to committing a crime? And instead of saying he was exaggerating, he says he will go to court. Wow!

My brother once told the story of how he turned down the SAS. On day 17 of a one month selection, he remembered that in his 1st year of being an officer in 1para he was treated like dirt. After that he had an easy life. And could not face another year of being treated like dirt.

My sister pointed out just after that story he was transferred to NATO for 2 years. Which could have been a SAS posting. But he can't say.

What a rambling load of balls.

I suspect that whoever began investigating him already had an inkling he was in the SAS.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Always wanted to do their entrance tests, think I could nail them.

Comment

It wasn't him it was his mates that did it.

SAS hero Sergeant Colin Maclachlan says he 'didn't pull the trigger' | Daily Mail Online

The ghost writer got the wrong end of the stick.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    It wasn't him it was his mates that did it.

SAS hero Sergeant Colin Maclachlan says he 'didn't pull the trigger' | Daily Mail Online

The ghost writer got the wrong end of the stick.
                    Don't they all have body-cams now? I think Sgt Blackman and his crew did but maybe doesn't apply to SAS?

Comment

Working...
                    X