• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advance booked a non-refundable hotel in the Eurozone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advance booked a non-refundable hotel in the Eurozone

I booked a room in the Helsinki Airport Hilton a month ago, non-refundable. On the website I selected to see the price in GBP but I note now my receipt lists the price in EUR... since then of course the pound has tanked. There wasn't a "pay upon booking" option which would've been preferable

I assume this is just tough sh*t? At the time I thought I was paying when I booked, in pounds - but the fine print shows my booking in euros to be taken upon check-in. The only thing I wondered is if they would've invisibly pre-charged my CC at the time of booking, to be taken in case I'm a no-show?

Annoyingly if I'd booked via laterooms, etc, it would've been in pounds. But I went direct via Hilton.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I booked a room in the Helsinki Airport Hilton a month ago, non-refundable. On the website I selected to see the price in GBP but I note now my receipt lists the price in EUR... since then of course the pound has tanked. There wasn't a "pay upon booking" option which would've been preferable

I assume this is just tough sh*t? At the time I thought I was paying when I booked, in pounds - but the fine print shows my booking in euros to be taken upon check-in. The only thing I wondered is if they would've invisibly pre-charged my CC at the time of booking, to be taken in case I'm a no-show?

Annoyingly if I'd booked via laterooms, etc, it would've been in pounds. But I went direct via Hilton.
    The phone kiosk is still there. No many people know that.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
    X