• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What can you currently put in an ISA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can you currently put in an ISA?

My cursory googling didn't turn up an easy bullet-point list of what can and cannot go in an ISA under current laws, and is planned in 2017 and beyond.

Can anyone point me to something that makes this clear, and/or explain their own understanding?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Government website:

Cash ISAs can include:
    • savings in bank and building society accounts
    • some National Savings and Investments products

Stocks and shares ISAs can include:
    • shares in companies
    • unit trusts and investment funds
    • corporate bonds
    • government bonds

You can’t transfer any non-ISA shares you already own into an ISA unless they’re from an employee share scheme.

Innovative finance ISAs can include peer-to-peer loans, which are loans that you give to other people or businesses without using a bank. You can’t transfer any peer-to-peer loans you’ve already made into an innovative finance ISA.

Comment

Thanks for that. When we talk about "shares in companies" what restrictions exist on that? Only shares on a recognised stock exchange for instance? What if my mate asks me to invest in his company directly? Or we were talking the other day about Seedr.com, which lets companies crowd-source funds through share purchasing?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
      X