• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

European Union begins to unravel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

European Union begins to unravel

Countries are losing interest in setting up trade deals with the EU

European Union: EU trade with Africa and Caribbean, plus TTIP and CETA, in Brexit peril | World | News | Daily Express
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

typical wrexiters ruining it for the rest of us!

We could have tied the backward economies down to crappy trade agreements now they are getting uppity and want to deal direct curse those English !

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

So you're worried about trade deals with bongo bongo land rather than Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement between the EU and Canada.

Monkeys like you need bananas
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Tanzania has already ditched a proposed deal between Brussels and the East Africa Community (ECA) countries, citing the “turmoil” engulfing the EU following the Brexit vote and the skewed terms of the agreement.
        A number of countries have been stalling on implementing the trade agreements, agreed as far back as 2008, over concerns about the power they will hand to Brussels to meddle in national affairs.

And the economists predicted that the Caribbean - held up as the ‘EPA poster boy’ by Brussels bureaucrats - could be the “first to split” and sink another key area of EU trade policy.

Even though Britain is no longer considered a “dominant EU importer” from Africa, Caribbean and Pacific countries it does still “absorb a significant share” of the goods those countries sell, they added.
        no they just don't fancy getting shafted!

By the way most sensible companies are looking at places like Africa as a key emerging market for goods & services.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          So you're worried about trade deals with bongo bongo land rather than Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement between the EU and Canada.

Monkeys like you need bananas
          like these ones you mean

Belgium-Canada Ceta trade dispute bedevils EU summit - BBC News

TTIP has failed – but no one is admitting it, says German Vice-Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel | The Independent

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            By the way most sensible companies are looking at places like Africa as a key emerging market for goods & services.
            Of course, corruption rules.

You should read the Constant Gardener. An insight as how things work in much of the continent.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You do realise TTIP is something different? Please dear <insert invisible friend of your choice here> tell me you realise that?

I'm glad that failed, you want dodgy American products and genetically produced crops - be my guest!

Comment

You do realise TTIP is something different? Please dear <insert invisible friend of your choice here> tell me you realise that?

I'm glad that failed, you want dodgy American products and genetically produced crops - be my guest!
                Indeed TTIP would have allowed US firms to sue European Countries for loss of earnings for legislation which restricted sales - such as the smoking ban for example.

But then I think Murica has lost the plot!

Comment

Of course, corruption rules.

You should read the Constant Gardener. An insight as how things work in much of the continent.
                  Sometimes I believe it does but we seem to be making headway despite being renowned for being ethical.

Comment

I would quite like the option of GM crops, cheaper food and better for the environment as they use less fertiliser and pesticides. Of course the German chemical companies don't want anyone to stop buying their fertiliser and pesticides.

And maybe now we can get food irradiation as well and cut down on food waste.

IN so many ways the EU has held us back.

Comment

Working...
                    X