• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NPPV Level 3 same as SC ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NPPV Level 3 same as SC ??

I recently went through the process to gain NPPV Level 3 as part of my last role which was working for a police force, I thought that this was SC clearance and so have put as such on my CV and been applying for SC clearance roles.

Anyways I've spoken with an agent today who was submitting me for a role but then came back and said that apparently NPPV 3 is not the same as SC and so he couldn't put me forward.

Anyone got any experience of this who can shed some more light?

Thanks

Originally posted by SouthernManc78 View Post

Thanks
    Yep I can. NPPV 3 is not the same as SC and so he can't put you forward.

Hope that helps.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks for clarifying, that is a bit tulip though as I thought I'd finally got SC clearance and it would open up new avenues to me.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying, that is a bit tulip though as I thought I'd finally got SC clearance and it would open up new avenues to me.
        But you didn't. You got NPPV Level 3.

Even if you did have it for say the Police it's not valid for defense for example. There are different rules between some organisations.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I recently went through the process to gain NPPV Level 3 as part of my last role which was working for a police force, I thought that this was SC clearance and so have put as such on my CV and been applying for SC clearance roles.

Anyways I've spoken with an agent today who was submitting me for a role but then came back and said that apparently NPPV 3 is not the same as SC and so he couldn't put me forward.

Thanks
          NPPV is non police personal vetting, it is done by police forces themselves (usually Warwickshire for the other forces), last for 5 years and is classed as Force Vetting, along with Recruitment Vetting (RV) and Management Vetting (MV) and is only accepted by other forces.

National Security Vetting (NSV) - Includes Counter Terrorist Check (CTC), Security Check (SC), and Developed Vetting (DV), this is done by the MOD or the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, this is a wider clearance where access to government information (used to be called GPMS, now GSC or sometimes IL3+)

The two are not connected in anyway so you need to change your CV
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

SC not worth it anyway, done four and none of them at a decent rate apart from DVLA maybe, buts that's more likely cos it was Swansea..

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              SC not worth it anyway, done four and none of them at a decent rate apart from DVLA maybe, buts that's more likely cos it was Swansea..
              Beg to differ, it's a differentiator which immediately filters out a large number of potential candidates. And not all of the roles are tulipe rates.

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
                Beg to differ, it's a differentiator which immediately filters out a large number of potential candidates. And not all of the roles are tulipe rates.
                Well didn't make much difference to me, never any WFH, stuck in some shiithole like Sellafield, Swansea or even worse, Newcastle.

But then again I've never struggled on rate or offers...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Well didn't make much difference to me, never any WFH, stuck in some shiithole like Sellafield, Swansea or even worse, Newcastle.

But then again I've never struggled on rate or offers...
                  Ah, sound like bad gigs! My experience is darn sarf.

Comment

Thanks guys I've found the email I got when received confirmation of my clearance and is says NPPV 3 / SC which makes me wonder whether it was both.

I guess the only was for me to find out is contact the people who vetted me

Comment

Working...
                    X