• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kids phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids phone

Eldest kid (9 yr old) is bugging us to get a phone, would prefer to get her a new phone rather than a hand me down.

Not sure whether to go contract(cheaper) or PAYG(can't rack up £££ bills) - what do you lot do?

PAYG - second hand, iPhone 4 (with case & screen protector) from CEX
    "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

missus works for BT and they've are / have launched a family plan, 5 sims on the same plan and you share data minutes etc, we signed up to the trial and it came with a mid range Samsung phone, not putting it through the ltd or anything but it might be something you want to take a look at

Comment

Get

Buy her a phone outright and then stick it on GiffGaff where you can change her package monthly if needed.
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
          Eldest kid (9 yr old) is bugging us to get a phone, would prefer to get her a new phone rather than a hand me down.

Not sure whether to go contract(cheaper) or PAYG(can't rack up £££ bills) - what do you lot do?
          Darin, stop using your iphone to dig the sand; you will damage it and have to use your GSM
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

My 9 year old does not get a phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Darin, stop using your iphone to dig the sand; you will damage it and have to use your GSM
              9 years olds are a lot more tech savvy than you give them credit for.

My 10 and 9 year old both have "feature phones" suppose for the price I could have got them a cheapo android/windows but at least this way we don't have to worry about data charges, PAYG SIM card with unlimited texts seem to keep them happy
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Hassle View Post
                PAYG - second hand, iPhone 4 (with case & screen protector) from CEX
                Don't wanna be rude but even with a case and screen protector? Glass fronted iPhone for a 9 year old. Not in my house......

Just out of interest OP. Why would you prefer to get them a new one and not a hand me down? Sounds like a perfect situation to get some moneys worth out of the hand me downs for a couple of years. At least at 9 they aren't going to have to keep up with their mates etc. I'd also be worried the child will be easy pickings for thieves and jealous mates if they have a new one.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 24 October 2016, 16:18.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Don't wanna be rude but even with a case and screen protector? Glass fronted iPhone for a 9 year old. Not in my house......

Just out of interest OP. Why would you prefer to get them a new one and not a hand me down? Sounds like a perfect situation to get some moneys worth out of the hand me downs for a couple of years. At least at 9 they aren't going to have to keep up with their mates etc. I'd also be worried the child will be easy pickings for thieves and jealous mates if they have a new one.
                  MF still has that 250m radius exclusion order around primary schools, relevance of which is assuming the OP lives in England or Wales.

Comment

Motorola g4 play

Comment

Working...
                    X