• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit means Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit means Brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...s-about-brexit

Speaking at the bank in London on 26 May, the then home secretary appeared to go further than her public remarks to explain more clearly the economic benefits of staying in the EU. She told staff it was time the UK took a lead in Europe, and that she hoped voters would look to the future rather than the past.

In an hour-long session before the City bankers, she also worried about the effect of Brexit on the British economy.

“I think the economic arguments are clear,” she said. “I think being part of a 500-million trading bloc is significant for us. I think, as I was saying to you a little earlier, that one of the issues is that a lot of people will invest here in the UK because it is the UK in Europe.
    So she is a bremainer pretending to be a brexiter.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...s-about-brexit

So she is a bremainer pretending to be a brexiter.
    She is a politician. Will say whatever she thinks will win her the most votes.

It has got worse since 1996 when MP's pay was dramatically increased. Time to slash their pay.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      She is a politician. Will say whatever she thinks will win her the most votes.
      ^ This

She has deleted a load of anti-Heathrow expansion opinion from her webpage. Not too subtle, but it shows she will change her mind to what suits her at the time.

Comment

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
          ^ This

She has deleted a load of anti-Heathrow expansion opinion from her webpage. Not too subtle, but it shows she will change her mind to what suits her at the time.
          Any evidence of that on https://archive.org/web/ ?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Nothing like a conviction politician-

I have the impression that she reads the Daily Express and the Sun and uses them as a policy instruction manual. I think the Daily Mail would be considered too left wing.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
              ^ This

A pragmatist is the last thing this country needs. Strong leadership is what is needed. Not to mention a start to austerity. Instead we're spending more money on a divorce we can't afford whilst kicking dirt to our biggest trading partner.

What an utter £@$£@ up.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X