• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple MBP - Those things are going to sell like hotcakes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple MBP - Those things are going to sell like hotcakes

Was a little worried about the Microsoft surface studio coming out with its news tech. But the new Macbook has just blown the pants off it.

MacBook Pro - Apple
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Was a little worried about the Microsoft surface studio coming out with its news tech. But the new Macbook has just blown the pants off it.

MacBook*Pro - Apple
    Why do they make such a big thing of its thinness? I'd sooner have a chunky laptop like an Alienware
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Why do they make such a big thing of its thinness? I'd sooner have a chunky laptop like an Alienware
      Cause if it's something you want to carry with you, taking up less space is a good thing.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

MacBook*Pro - Apple
        Exactly how many threads are you going to start regarding a laptop - its a laptop for god's sake and one that has a few compromises that (even when you ignore the 20% price increase in $ prices) means its no longer suitable for a lot of our use cases.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Exactly how many threads are you going to start regarding a laptop - its a laptop for god's sake and one that has a few compromises that (even when you ignore the 20% price increase in $ prices) means its no longer suitable for a lot of our use cases.
          I'm counting one. How many did you count?

Not everyone cares about looking cool. Buy a Dell, there's no shame in it.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Comment

Hackaday seem to be underwhelmed

Apple Sucks Now, Here’s A ThinkPad Buyer’s Guide | Hackaday

This week, Apple unveiled the latest MacBook Pro and provided more evidence Steve Jobs actually knew what he was doing. Fifteen hundred bones will get you a MacBook Pro with a last-gen processor, an Escape key, a headphone jack, and two Thunderbolt 3 ports (with one port required for charging). The next model up costs $1800, ditches the Escape key for a dedicated emoji bar, and includes four Thunderbolt 3 ports.

In the past, I have defended people who choose MacBooks as their laptop of choice. A MacBook is a business-class laptop, and of course carries a higher price tag. However, Apple’s latest hardware release was underwhelming and overpriced. If you’re looking for a new laptop, you would do well to consider other brands. To that end, here’s a buyer’s guide to ThinkPads, currently the second most popular laptop I’ve seen with the dev/hacker/code cracker crowd.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X