• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Businesses should get ready now for the introduction of the new pound coin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Businesses should get ready now for the introduction of the new pound coin

More on this ground braking story:

New pound coin: Firms told to prepare for redesign
    New pound coin: Firms told to prepare for redesign - BBC News
    Last edited by scooterscot; 31 October 2016, 13:18.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

its a thrupenny bit but less valuable

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      its a thrupenny bit but less valuable

Is it cockney rhyming slang for MF?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Is it cockney rhyming slang for MF?
        No he is a merchant banker
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

I wonder if they'll have to remint them all without the UK on? They do seem to have Swizerland in there, and also those odd bits of Africa that Spain owns but doesn't mention when it gets uppity about Gibraltar. Then again, the UK is quite prominent in the middle of that coin and the Frenchies won't like that at all. Perhaps they can shift it all left to make room for Turkey? Maybe an orphaned Scotland floating next to a decapitated Ireland is the answer?

Oh and breaking (or barking, if that's what you were parping on about)

Comment

"The new £1 coin will be the most secure of its kind in the world and its cutting-edge features will present a significant barrier to counterfeiters, reducing the cost to businesses and the taxpayer,"
            I'm not sure the cost of refitting all the coin operated machines and Self checkouts will be lower than the cost of accounting for some counterfeit coins.

And how is the high end security features like holograms etc will help on the coin machines. And which shopkeeper checks coins whether they are counterfeit or not? Most don't bother with £5 notes even...

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
              I'm not sure the cost of refitting all the coin operated machines and Self checkouts will be lower than the cost of accounting for some counterfeit coins.

And how is the high end security features like holograms etc will help on the coin machines. And which shopkeeper checks coins whether they are counterfeit or not? Most don't bother with £5 notes even...
              There has to be confidence in the currency.

Though the bigger issue is FIAT currencies. If only the public knew how little faith they should have in the pound....

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post

Used to be able to buy them for 40P a shot when I was a student in Plymouth, many moons ago.
                The scary thing is looking at a handful, once you know what to look for and realising 60% of your coins are duds.
                I seem to notice less are these days actually.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

In other news, the Commission on Monetary Policy for an Independent Scotland has today outlined its preferred currency, post-independence: The Groat.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    In other news, the Commission on Monetary Policy for an Independent Scotland has today outlined its preferred currency, post-independence: The Groat.

Poor Goat, was Scooter positioned behind it rampant to get that expression?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X