• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

About Time!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Time!

Very sad the deaths.

I believe justice was served here though.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-tomasz-kroker

The court had heard that Kroker, who had become a father five months before the incident, was so distracted by his phone that he barely looked at the road for almost a kilometre.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

indeed good job they had the camera otherwise the prosecution might have failed.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      indeed good job they had the camera otherwise the prosecution might have failed.
      I see people on their phones whilst driving all the time, it truly sickens me. Go back to the 70's with the public information films. Or possibly just a 30 second ad with the following on it:

“I thought that was the worst day of my life, my kids being killed, but I think it was three weeks later when I went to the funeral directors and actually saw them dead, cold in their coffins.”

qh
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
        I see people on their phones whilst driving all the time, it truly sickens me. Go back to the 70's with the public information films. Or possibly just a 30 second ad with the following on it:

“I thought that was the worst day of my life, my kids being killed, but I think it was three weeks later when I went to the funeral directors and actually saw them dead, cold in their coffins.”

qh
        So do I, usually we are taking evasive action to avoid them ploughing straight into us
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

on a bike its all the time.

I think they need to crowd source traffic cam reviews.

Watch anonomised content, Spot the person on the phone press button, if enough people press button on the same car then a Plod looks at it.

Or even automate it using video processing.

£50 a prosecution to fund it nice plan B.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            on a bike its all the time.

I think they need to crowd source traffic cam reviews.

Watch anonomised content, Spot the person on the phone press button, if enough people press button on the same car then a Plod looks at it.

Or even automate it using video processing.

£50 a prosecution to fund it nice plan B.
            Yep - feels like it's every other car on the motorbike and you can spot them a ******* mile away. The roads are going to tulip IMHO - red lights appear to be completely optional at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              Yep - feels like it's every other car on the motorbike and you can spot them a ******* mile away. The roads are going to tulip IMHO - red lights appear to be completely optional at the moment.
              Absolutely, I don't cross the road until the car has completely stopped around here.

I have been knocked down on a crossing before, I jumped backwards to avoid being flattened, it bloody hurts!
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

He was fiddling with his phone to change the music. I wonder how many people get distracted just playing with the car stereo.

I've seen cyclists riding along at night, unlit, texting away.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  He was fiddling with his phone to change the music. I wonder how many people get distracted just playing with the car stereo.

For a whole kilometre and he was a truck driver FFS

Agree bikes can be a real problem too, not using lights etc.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

In the case of the cyclist they end up being the one who gets killed and as long as the driver stops at the scene/realises they hit something so reports it later asap, they won't be prosecuted.

There was a case shown frequently on those police programs where a new driver hit such a cyclist, and because she reported asap (her dad made her) she never got prosecuted.

I've also been told by those who work in the criminal justice field that plus other circumstances where you won't get prosecuted.
                    Last edited by SueEllen; 1 November 2016, 14:21.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X