• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Charging personal mobile phone on ClientCo site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging personal mobile phone on ClientCo site

How much can I save per year on electricity? Also, if it's a business phone can I save VAT as well on the cost of the electricity?
    Will it affect my IR35 status - all the permies have company phones but mine is personal. If I make it a company phone, does that put me inside IR35 when I charge it?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    How much can I save per year on electricity? Also, if it's a business phone can I save VAT as well on the cost of the electricity?
    Will it affect my IR35 status - all the permies have company phones but mine is personal. If I make it a company phone, does that put me inside IR35 when I charge it?
    Incidental charging is fine. It's similar to using only enough bog roll to deal with the immediate situation - if you take more to use later on then you're inside IR35 and should immediately call Hector.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Incidental charging is fine.
      It's OK, it's not a Samsung, so there are no incidents when charging.

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      It's similar to using only enough bog roll to deal with the immediate situation - if you take more to use later on then you're inside IR35 and should immediately call Hector.
      How did you know the toilet attendant at my ClientCo is called Hector?

But this bit about enough to deal with the immediate situation. What should I do when the problem is getting the blood off my hands at the same time as carefully inserting half a roll into my victim's Project Manager's mouth, only to deal with the amount of effluent that is evacuated from there every time he opens it.

Comment

It's OK, it's not a Samsung, so there are no incidents when charging.

How did you know the toilet attendant at my ClientCo is called Hector?

But this bit about enough to deal with the immediate situation. What should I do when the problem is getting the blood off my hands at the same time as carefully inserting half a roll into my victim's Project Manager's mouth, only to deal with the amount of effluent that is evacuated from there every time he opens it.
        Practice what you preach; estate car, roll of carpet, sack of quicklime...
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Do the backup power supplies in the server room kick in every time you put it on charge though?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Practice what you preach; estate car, roll of carpet, sack of quicklime...
            How did you know about the quicklime, I've only ever mentioned that to two people who are still alive, and I can hear both of them in the cellar.

Comment

How did you know about the quicklime, I've only ever mentioned that to two people who are still alive, and I can hear both of them in the cellar.
              Can't we just let MF be a mod again, if he's just going to hack mod accounts otherwise?

Comment

Was that a trick or a treat?
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

That was more artistic license on my part; nice of you to fess up to it though.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    Was that a trick or a treat?
                    As long as it puts the lotion on...

Comment

Working...
                    X