• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gymanist taking the mick out of religion receives two month ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gymanist taking the mick out of religion receives two month ban

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-mocking-islam

Smith, who won a silver medal for Great Britain on the pommel horse in Rio, was filmed with Carson shouting “Allahu Akbar” and mimicking a praying pose.
    So I did not see the video but seems extreme for taking the mickey out of religion.

I could be missing something but what's wrong with taking the piss out of religion?

I recognised the severity of my mistake and hope it can be used as an example of how important it is to respect others at all times. I have learnt a valuable life lesson and I wholeheartedly apologise.
    I don't see the severity of his mistake.

A lot of sports people are religious. So it isn't a good idea to insult your team mates.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bad news for comedians should Jimmy Carr compete in the next Olympics.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        A lot of sports people are religious. So it isn't a good idea to insult your team mates.
        I agree it's not a good idea to insult your team mates. But from what I've read in that article they where taking the piss out of religion and praying. If a team mate is insulted by this then perhaps they have the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          I agree it's not a good idea to insult your team mates. But from what I've read in that article they where taking the piss out of religion and praying. If a team mate is insulted by this then perhaps they have the problem.
          It wasn't a ban simply for this incident; he's acted the prat a couple of times previously.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            It wasn't a ban simply for this incident; he's acted the prat a couple of times previously.
            So I agree he is a prat from the little I have seen of him.

But I don't see how he did anything wrong. If he posted a video that was funny taking the mick out of say park benches or people that fish should it still contribute to the ban.

I thought we where past religion being untouchable.

Comment

Young guy having some fun like young lads do, what an overreaction of the PC left again

Comment

So I agree he is a prat from the little I have seen of him.

But I don't see how he did anything wrong. If he posted a video that was funny taking the mick out of say park benches or people that fish should it still contribute to the ban.

Clearly not.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Clearly not.

Comment

I don't see the severity of his mistake.
                    He picked the wrong religion. If he'd chosen Christianity instead of Islam he could've make a stand-up tour out of it.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X