• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New tobacco packaging bolix

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tobacco packaging bolix

The govt clearly don't want our tax revenue; not only can we no longer see the product we wish to purchase, or view the price, prior to purchase, or legally consume it indoors, or in many cases outdoors, we now need a magnifying glass to ascertain whether we have purchased the correct product. And at £10-ish a pop, it's not the sort of mistake you want to make. Tourists who smoke are going to have a sh1tload of fun with this. Just ban tobacco so those of us who want to use it have to buy it on the black market, it'll be a whole lot bloody easier.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Give up the tobacco completely
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

a filthy habit
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Oh, bring on the pious ex-smokers, I love them the best
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Can someone advise whether this is down to the EU or UK and then we can all decide what position to take.

Comment

It seems to me many more people smoke on the continent. And since this is the EU motherland... they're enjoying every affordable puff.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I don't think this is an EU "initiative", but I'm quite happy to blame the useless unelected waste-of-spaces if that suits everyone else.

Comment

You didn't explain what has changed. As a non smoker can you show a photo or something?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Can someone advise whether this is down to the EU or UK and then we can all decide what position to take.
                  but the EU make me want to smoke more!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    You didn't explain what has changed. As a non smoker can you show a photo or something?
                    I'll give it a go, but I'm not exactly Apple house trained, so this is likely to be as painful for you as it is for me. And don't hold your collective breath, either, it won't help. There's probably a double-entrendre somewhere in that lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X