• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On January 15th, 2015 £134 would have bought you a bitcoin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On January 15th, 2015 £134 would have bought you a bitcoin

Today you need almost £600

How is it an imaginary currency that is under constant attack by legislators and governments around the world is outperforming a real currency like the pound?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

How is it an imaginary currency that is under constant attack by legislators and governments around the world is outperforming a real currency like the pound?
    Why don't you tell us? You seem to spend most of your life in an imaginary parallel universe?
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Cos it's also completely unregulated, out of view of the usual authorities and to all intents and purposes completely untraceable.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Comment

You think the pound is a real currency? Due to FIAT paper is almost meaningless.

The only true currency is London property.

Comment

PS - has noone blamed Brexit yet? Shame on you......

Comment

So glad I bought 10,000 of them a few years back.

Now finally, I can afford a deposit on a bedsit in London.

Comment

So what about the new currencies, Zcash and Monero? I know nothing about them except in name. Media tells us that bitcoin is dying because lack of regulation and traceability. But if anything I think that's a reason for even more growth.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  So glad I bought 10,000 of them a few years back.
                  You wish. You really really wish.

Comment

You wish. You really really wish.
                    I had to give 9,999 of them to the ex-wife as part of the settlement, but she was kind enough to let me keep one as a reminder.

Comment

Working...
                    X