• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shortage of IT staff.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shortage of IT staff.

BBC

Well, they will have to source them from overseas. Any suggestions?
    Drivel is my speciality

There has always been and will continue to be shortage of really smart technical people with the right attitude who don't do it just for money.

Comment

AtW is correct.

There is and always will be a global glut of thick, ignorant people and a shortage of smart, hard working people.

The trick is to pass off the thick ones as smart and make a buck.

Comment

"There was a huge number of graduates and engineers, but people with the technical and communications and team-working skils that were required were often lacking, he told the conference. "

That's our "No tulip Sherlock" Quote of the Year Award won then.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

In between the lines should read: Intel (India) president Frank B Jones has second thoughts about moving to India. The standard of so called qualified staff is not up to the level expected nor are there the numbers of qualified staff that the Indian government said there was. Had we known; we would not have made the move.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

My heart bleeds.

Comment

I thought every man woman and child in India was an IT graduate each of which could put threaded to shame
              Last edited by BoredBloke; 7 November 2006, 14:48.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                "There was a huge number of graduates and engineers, but people with the technical and communications and team-working skils that were required were often lacking, he told the conference. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac

they have a lot of people who nod their heads don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                    I thought every man woman and child in India was an IT graduate each of which could put threaded to shame
                    Shuurely that's not possible?

Comment

Working...
                    X