• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Price of Brexit? More Indians?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Price of Brexit? More Indians?

Nice one Brexiters!

India trade trip could be overshadowed by visa row - BBC News

Odd the link doesn't work.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Another one here: India demands bonfire of migration laws in return for trade deal

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Odd the link doesn't work.
        Think cos the UK VPN which I ended effed it up, can't be arsed now, Maybe tomorrow, like the Littlest Hobo....

Comment

Farage said on TV that the UK should be open to skilled labour from India rather than having unlimited migration from Europe. However, nothing is said about British workers being able to work and settle in India. It’s one way only.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Farage said on TV that the UK should be open to skilled labour from India rather than having unlimited migration from Europe. However, nothing is said about British workers being able to work and settle in India. It’s one way only.
            Mr Farage needn't worry. The Immigration Act 2014 takes care of those "pesky EU nationals" rather nicely, especially those who foolishly think of applying for Permanent Residence in the UK. https://www.freemovement.org.uk/gove...ill-skyrocket/

Post Brexit the HO may be given the powers to deport EU nationals who have been refused PR, the rest of the "hostile environment" laws to make sure they don't come back are already in place, all it takes is a decision to classify those who are not wanted here as "illegal immigrants". Those laws have been prepared while Mr Cameron was the PM and Mrs May ran the HO. They have nothing to do with Brexit, they would have been introduced regardless of the outcome of the EU Referendum.
            You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              I could ask if you have a problem with Indians but that's the typical Remnant's approach resulting from not having any meaningful arguments and i'm not stooping that low. Anyway, from what i've read of your posts I don't think you would have such a problem.

However, we can control the number of visas we give out to Indians. That's the point. We may choose to give out 2 million a year. If we decide that's justified then that's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                I could ask if you have a problem with Indians but that's the typical Remnant's approach resulting from not having any meaningful arguments and i'm not stooping that low. Anyway, from what i've read of your posts I don't think you would have such a problem.

However, we can control the number of visas we give out to Indians. That's the point. We may choose to give out 2 million a year. If we decide that's justified then that's fine.
                Couldn't the UK decide the immigration limits as part of the EU though as India is outside of the EU?

India is a restrictive market to work with each state having their own laws. There are some changes coming through such as a country wide sales tax (Why India's GST is one of the world's most complex tax reforms - BBC News) but it's not going to make doing business there much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  This "we". That'll be the government I guess. Who don't have a notable record of protecting the domestic workforce. And for you, what would justify 2 million immigrants, many (on paper at least!) highly trained?

Instead of an influx of Poles etc. taking over in construction and hospitality, keeping rates of pay low, we'll have an influx of Indians taking over high-tech jobs. "Project manager wanted. Minimum wage."
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Trade deals should involve the movement of goods not people.

Comment

Working...
                    X