• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to car leasing – any catches here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to car leasing – any catches here?

I’m replacing my car and am currently thinking about leasing something nice for a couple of years, rather than my usual buying something second-hand and adequate, and keeping it for five.

I’d like a comfy automatic just for SDP use, and want to minimise the total outlay. While I’m not otherwise hung up on makes and models, this Yeti offer caught my eye. It works out to £4,450 over the 24-month lease, which seems like a pretty good deal, relative to what similar money gets. The up-front payment is high, but not an issue for me. Excess mileage is 4.3p

I’ve read what I can about leasing and think I have a pretty good handle on the ins ad outs, but since this is my first go, I was wondering if anything about this particular deal looked problematic to those with more experience?

Go on, then, I'll bite...

"am currently thinking about leasing something nice for a couple of years"

"this Yeti offer caught my eye"

Why the change of subject between your first & second paragraphs?

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
      Go on, then, I'll bite...

"am currently thinking about leasing something nice for a couple of years"

"this Yeti offer caught my eye"

Why the change of subject between your first & second paragraphs?
      Especially with same site doing a Porsche Cayman for £2500 down and £407 a month
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Adlopa View Post
        I’m replacing my car and am currently thinking about leasing something nice for a couple of years, rather than my usual buying something second-hand and adequate, and keeping it for five.

I’d like a comfy automatic just for SDP use, and want to minimise the total outlay. While I’m not otherwise hung up on makes and models, this Yeti offer caught my eye. It works out to £4,450 over the 24-month lease, which seems like a pretty good deal, relative to what similar money gets. The up-front payment is high, but not an issue for me. Excess mileage is 4.3p

I’ve read what I can about leasing and think I have a pretty good handle on the ins ad outs, but since this is my first go, I was wondering if anything about this particular deal looked problematic to those with more experience?
        That is a lot for not very much car. You need to look at the initial payment not just the monthly cost. And factor in vat.

Leasing is a good option, I have just leased a mazda 3 sport for not much more than your Yeti and know what I would prefer...Shop, shop and shop around.

Comment

There are rumours about eek and a Passat. Not sure because I've never seen the details posted.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            There are rumours about eek and a Passat. Not sure because I've never seen the details posted.
            Maybe he needs to tell us one more time

Comment

Anyone ever had issues returning the car after the lease and getting a lower value due to scratches, dings, wear and tear etc?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Nope but it does show the requirements for leasing. Pick the type of car you want (within reason) and see what is on offer. Pistonheads and its Best Lease Car Deals Available? (Vol 3) - Page 1 - Car Buying - PistonHeads is a good place to start the search as that tells you what's a bargain at the moment.... Most people expect a good 2 year lease to cost 20-25% of the retail price...

As for this car I think the amount of metal in the Yeti may make the 1.2l engine a bit too woeful. VAG's 1.4 engine is a thing of beauty supposedly...
                Last edited by eek; 7 November 2016, 18:40.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Isn't this a contractors forum?
                  World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Anyone ever had issues returning the car after the lease and getting a lower value due to scratches, dings, wear and tear etc?
                    That applies to PCP type deals, not leasing.

Comment

Working...
                    X