• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Value for money or not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value for money or not?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetai...a_n=3&tr_t=buy

I quite fancy it as my weekend retreat.

Just for the land it has got to be worth £500K?

Seems suspiciously too cheap - perhaps ghosts "live" there?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

Yeah, but it's in Wales

Comment

Listing
        The mansion house is listed Grade II* and the gardens and outbuildings Grade II. The actual listing of the mansion house is reproduced in detail below.
        Dont touch with a bargepole unless you have very deep pockets. The land may well be worth the 500k, but it will cost you a significant percentage of that just to keep the place running every year.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

You only get a bit of it (I think) - quite how much land you actually 'get' is a mystery to me...
          The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

My guess is that they made a mistake and meant to have £5 mln price tag.

For £500k I'd probably buy it myself (if it was a bit closer and I had the cash).

Comment

# Grade II* listed mansion house
              # Potential for restoration
              money pit
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
                quite how much land you actually 'get' is a mystery to me...
                None, would be my reading of it. A bottomless money pit only for the likes of Threaded. The Grade II* listing spells trouble as well.

Comment

Yes, now I've read it a couple of times, looks like a barge pole don't touch with a property.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Dalek
                    None, would be my reading of it. A bottomless money pit only for the likes of Threaded. The Grade II* listing spells trouble as well.
                    It certainly does - I can't paint our house in a colour the missus likes - let alone keeping the council (or whoever it is) happy...
                    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Working...
                    X