• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone recognize this phone number?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone recognize this phone number?

whoever it is has phoned me 4 times in the last week and when I answer there is never anyone there.

On a related subject, how many times do I have to tell my phone provider I dont want to extend my contract, I dont want a new phone and I dont want them to keep ringing me up to ask me if I want them!
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Yeah, thats all I could find as well. Useless.

Comment

Yes its mobile direct in wales -we try and save you money on your phone blah blah. i got it to

Comment

http://www.stevecastledine.com/sc.ns...ument&comments

Comment

Oh well, I wonder how long it will take for the search bots to find the number and pass it on. Such a shame really, couldn't happen to a nice bunch

Comment

i get called from india all the time to renew my mobile contract

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB

whoever it is has phoned me 4 times in the last week and when I answer there is never anyone there.

On a related subject, how many times do I have to tell my phone provider I dont want to extend my contract, I dont want a new phone and I dont want them to keep ringing me up to ask me if I want them!

I was with Vodaphone, and got so sick of them charging me a fortune I switched to Orange (who are just as crap, but its new crap, so its immediately better).
              Vodaphone had automatically extended my contract, and I had to WRITE to them giving them 30 days notice to cancel!
              So I did, and a guy from Vodaphone rang me up and started having a massive go at me down the phone, basically calling me stupid for changing providers. He was shouting at me in the end man- very very strong sales technique. I went bollistic at him like, cheeky tw*t.

Also on that phone, I get calls exactly like the ones you're experiencing - when I call back there is no one there. I've only done it once like - I have a feeling its a scam of some sort.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

That's all I could find with google. Anyone tried with SKA?

Comment

That looks like the number my missus was on about. It went on for about two weeks until eventually one day someone was on the other end of the phone.

My GF then proceeded to have a go at the chap and lo and behold - he cut her off.

Incredible.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Its a power dialer, dials loads of numbers once its gets a ring tone it should whack it to a call operator, if no call operator around it should play a message, think its illegal if no message.

I had the one recently where they called and I could someone say 'hello, hello' as if they couldnt hear me then put phone down, had it 5 times in two weeks, it was a scam as the return number was a premium rate.

Comment

Working...
                    X