• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A good skiing season to look forward to?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good skiing season to look forward to?

It's tipping it down apparently!

We need a little skiing smiley...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Didn't realise there was a season.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skiing

Smiley -

Best I can do with the available materials
    Last edited by barrydidit; 10 November 2016, 15:04.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      It's tipping it down apparently!

We need a little skiing smiley...

I booked the Benes apartment in Livigno for the half term holiday in March

I'll be on a laaaaads weekend in mid-December for four days, there's ten of us and
      we've rented a super luxurious 10 bed apartment in https://www.saalbach.com/en
      glad it's not my bank card which is guaranteeing the deposit, because based upon previous years it'll be a mess a when we leave !

apart from that as long as we can get consistent periods of low temperatures then weekend skiing should be possible for most of the season

as Cojak said, anybody know the overall forecast for this winter, a cold one due to global warming or a warm one due to climate change ?

no good asking the meteorological offices, they can't even tell us what the weather's going to be this afternoon

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Didn't realise there was a season.

Urban Dictionary: skiing

Smiley -

Best I can do with the available materials
        Might have to attend the Christmas party after all
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          as Cojak said, anybody know the overall forecast for this winter, a cold one due to global warming or a warm one due to climate change ?

no good asking the meteorological offices, they can't even tell us what the weather's going to be this afternoon

Milan.

We're expecting powered out here south of Munich. All you need is a pair of skis and a full tank of petrol.

Ei Lino was considerably weaker this year and apparently that means more snow in the northern hemisphere.

Check out the live cam in hintertux, powder knee deep!

Hintertuxer Gletscher - Ski Zillertal Tirol
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            We're expecting powered out here south of Munich. All you need is a pair of skis and a full tank of petrol.

Ei Lino was considerably weaker this year and apparently that means more snow in the northern hemisphere.

Check out the live cam in hintertux, powder knee deep!

Hintertuxer Gletscher - Ski Zillertal Tirol

we've had a couple of lads weekends in Hintertux, I am not a great fan of the place, like a lot of Austrian ski villages it suffers from cloud and poor visibility, not to mention the slopes can be narrow in places and get a lot of traffic

still agreed as you say it is awesome to be a tank of diesel away from the ski slopes

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              we've had a couple of lads weekends in Hintertux, I am not a great fan of the place, like a lot of Austrian ski villages it suffers from cloud and poor visibility, not to mention the slopes can be narrow in places and get a lot of traffic

still agreed as you say it is awesome to be a tank of diesel away from the ski slopes

Milan.
              Not the hugest fan either especially if I'm dehydrated you become dizzy with the altitude. But we're spoilt for choice round here and don't have to worry about cloud since we're only a drive away. My fraternity around here usually kicks up once we know it's going to be clear, doesn't have to be the weekend in fact weekdays are quieter.

One of favourites St Johann in Tirol, not a 90min drive away

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Not the hugest fan either especially if I'm dehydrated you become dizzy with the altitude. But we're spoilt for choice round here and don't have to worry about cloud since we're only a drive away. My fraternity around here usually kicks up once we know it's going to be clear, doesn't have to be the weekend in fact weekdays are quieter.

One of favourites St Johann in Tirol, not a 90min drive away

yeah agreed

if I put my foot down I can be in Innsbruck in 4.5 hours

Milan.

Comment

Got week booked in March in the Swiss Alps. Not very high, but it gets a lot of precipitation due to its proximity to Lake Geneva.

Probably do some adhoc days here and there - mostly weekends though, as my wife now works each day teaching and can't easily take a day off.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

wasn't there snow at your place this week NAT ?

we had a few centimetres yesterday morning up here

any ideas what's in store for this winter, another soft one or finally a proper one ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X