• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hah - what a shock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hah - what a shock

British holidaymakers could need to pay for £10 visa to visit the EU in security crackdown | Daily Mail Online

British holidaymakers face paying for £10 visa to visit the EU under Brussels security crackdown
    EU is discussing introducing a version of the US visa waiver programme
    International travellers heading to the US are usually exempt from a visa
    But they have to apply for an electronic system travel authorisation
    This costs around £10 - and EU could introduce similar scheme

I must be prescient.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Yawns
    "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I must be prescient.
      You predicted that the Daily Mail would print a BS story? Wow.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Brexit means Brexit

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          Brexit means Brexit

Milan.
          Is it really anything to do with Brexit. I don't think so.

But it would apply to people entering the so-called Schengen zone, which excludes the UK - meaning British travellers would also have to pay to travel to other EU countries
          Ireland is also not in Schengen, so if they introduced this, it would also apply to them - and Ireland could probably challenged it under freedom of movement!
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

yawn....... £10 per trip is less than the tourist tax you pay in most EEA countries.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

So the EU are considering a £10 charge for people coming legally in to the EU because they need to be security checked? While at the same time, Merkel has opened the doors to anyone who fancies coming, illegally, from places where they can't be checked.

Joined up EU thinking at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                So the EU are considering a £10 charge for people coming legally in to the EU because they need to be security checked? While at the same time, Merkel has opened the doors to anyone who fancies coming, illegally, from places where they can't be checked.

oh please only the honest people obey the rules donchaknow?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The refugees Merkel has accepted were already in the EU:
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 14 November 2016, 11:46.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

On the bright side, the story's in the Mail so it isn't true, any more than your gubbins about Merkel is

And even if it were true, it would only apply to UK citizens if Brexit happened, so it won't.

Comment

Working...
                    X