• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Royal Mail Я POO

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Mail Я POO

Quite happy with mail to Europe taking 2-3 days however, I had some documents that needed to be signed for. It cost £6.30ish to send and included tracking.

I was expecting the mail to go by air and delivered by the local post; oh how I was wrong. Royal Mail now use GLS parcel service.

Day 1 PO to RM sorting office.
    Day 1 RM to RM Heathrow.
    Day 5 RM Heathrow to GLS London
    Day 15 GLS in transit (sent email to GLS no reply)
    Day 26 Arr GLS Austria
    Day 27 In depot store
    Day 28 In depot store
    Day 29 In depot store (phone GLS, “it’s on its way)
    Day 30 In depot store
    Day 31 In transit
    Day 32 In transit
    Day 33 In transit
    Day 34 Delivered.

All by effing road!

Returned Documents
    Day 1 PO Austria
    Day 2 Handed to GLS
    Day 3 In transit
    Day 4 In UK but lost
    Day 43 Delivered to wrong address
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

The signed for service is atrocious. They "lost" three signed for deliveries I sent last year. One of them finally made it to the destination 18 months late. Another one finally made its way back to me having travelled around Switzerland and Germany (it was addressed to Spain).
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

They're never going to replace email with that kind of tulip.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

You should move to the mainland instead of operating from the Outer Hebrides.

In the past I've used FEDEX, UPS, or DHL when speed and security matters. Recall sending a document to a Norwegian client not that long ago, sure it was FEDEX, cost ~€30. Arrived at the client's desk 30hrs later.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          You should move to the mainland instead of operating from the Outer Hebrides.

In the past I've used FEDEX, UPS, or DHL when speed and security matters. Recall sending a document to a Norwegian client not that long ago, sure it was FEDEX, cost ~€30. Arrived at the client's desk 30hrs later.
          1. I am less than an hour from central London.

2. GLS is a German Company and locally known as Große Logistik Scheiße
          Ihr Paket – Die GLS Katastrophe (I) | Du denkst, Du kennst schon alles?
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
          X