• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How the USA gets rid of Trump

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the USA gets rid of Trump

I suspect with Trump's dodgy international business deals, Chinese loans, Russian investors, and opaque tax returns, it's only a matter of months before a liberal Judge brings about a conviction and sees him got rid of.

The majority voting against him didn't work.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

American politics is broken. Turnout less than 60%, a president elected to power on fewer votes than his interloper.

That said, I reckon he will go a full single term, by 2020 the demographics favour the Democrats, and maybe they will have learned the lesson that the old school political techniques of making a case using facts, being more honest than not, actually laying out policies will get them nowhere …

However, three possible reasons for an early exit

- Senior establishment Republicans don't like him, but they do like the straight down the line Republican VP Mike Pence. If an excuse for Congress to impeach Trump arises they may well take it.

I'm going to make another prediction,” he said. “This one is not based on a system; it's just my gut. They don't want Trump as president, because they can't control him. He's unpredictable. They'd love to have Pence — an absolutely down-the-line, conservative, controllable Republican. And I'm quite certain Trump will give someone grounds for impeachment, either by doing something that endangers national security or because it helps his pocketbook.
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-be-impeached/

- One of the many pending lawsuits turn up something that even the American electorate can't stomach. I rate this unlikely, there's certainly a pattern of predatory alpha male type misogyny, but where it comes down to his word against hers, he's going to escape. We've already seen evidence of behaviour that would render him unfit to run a Primary School, never mind a country, but here we are.

Lawsuit Charges Donald Trump with Raping a 13-Year-Old Girl : snopes.com

- He just gets bored and quits. In business, he's used to his great (largely inherited) wealth opening doors and getting things done. In politics he may well discover that the things he wants to achieve quickly cannot actually be achieved quite as quickly or as easily and the toys go out of the pram (short attention span, these narcissists) and he goes back to being a member of the rentier class.

If any of the above come to pass, it will not be Trump's fault, naturally. When he wins, he wins. When he loses, well that was down to someone else.

Trump is already the biggest American embarrasment ever. Is this really the politics we want?
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post

- One of the many pending lawsuits turn up something that even the American electorate can't stomach. I rate this unlikely, there's certainly a pattern of predatory alpha male type misogyny, but where it comes down to his word against hers, he's going to escape. We've already seen evidence of behaviour that would render him unfit to run a Primary School, never mind a country, but here we are.
        Bill Clinton set a shining example for the Democrats didn't he?
        You're just another hand wringing, Guardian reading, liberal who can't believe that everyone doesn't think like you , probably blubbed into your Horlicks while watching the election results come in
        Suck it up Princess the world has changed!

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
          You're just another hand wringing, Guardian reading, liberal who can't believe that everyone doesn't think like you , probably blubbed into your Horlicks while watching the election results come in
          The world may well have changed. However I am not comfortable with the idea that any man who acquires sufficient power and money gets to grab any woman he fancies by the pussy.

That is not a world that I want to live in. Do you?
          Last edited by pjclarke; 14 November 2016, 22:44.

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
            Loads of people in the left weren't happy with Bill Clinton and wanted him impeached.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The world may well have changed. However I am not comfortable with the idea that any man who acquires sufficient power and money gets to grab any woman he fancies by the pussy.

Your issue lies with his female groupies then.

Comment

American politics is broken. Turnout less than 60%, a president elected to power on fewer votes than his interloper.

That said, I reckon he will go a full single term, by 2020 the demographics favour the Democrats, and maybe they will have learned the lesson that the old school political techniques of making a case using facts, being more honest than not, actually laying out policies will get them nowhere …

However, three possible reasons for an early exit

- Senior establishment Republicans don't like him, but they do like the straight down the line Republican VP Mike Pence. If an excuse for Congress to impeach Trump arises they may well take it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-be-impeached/

Lawsuit Charges Donald Trump with Raping a 13-Year-Old Girl : snopes.com

- He just gets bored and quits. In business, he's used to his great (largely inherited) wealth opening doors and getting things done. In politics he may well discover that the things he wants to achieve quickly cannot actually be achieved quite as quickly or as easily and the toys go out of the pram (short attention span, these narcissists) and he goes back to being a member of the rentier class.

If any of the above come to pass, it will not be Trump's fault, naturally. When he wins, he wins. When he loses, well that was down to someone else.

Trump is already the biggest American embarrasment ever. Is this really the politics we want?
                The liberal left instead of taking any responsibility are left either in denial or whining
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                  Your issue lies with his female groupies then.
                  Victim blaming. Classy.

With over 99% of votes counted, Clinton's winning margin, according to official sources, approaches 1 million.

I've no idea what is being said on Twitter ;-)

Comment

It is a darn site more palatable than your sanitised tyranny of political correctness, climate change racketeering, health and safety and global corporatism with its weasel deference to "sustainability" and "diversity"
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X