• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Draining the swamp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draining the swamp

Is it about time this happened in order to get new people to join? I have to admit that my own brand of anti liberal views and the way I put them across can hardly be conducive to getting newbies to come along
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

If you say so yourself.

Comment

Once drained they can then scrape the pimps off the bottom.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Once drained they can then scrape the pimps off the bottom.
        I include you as part of the swamp. Albeit the unemployed section
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Lets hope it happens, liberalism today seems to mean the opposite of what it should mean. Too many MPs in that chamber who are completely out of touch with the ordinary person who wants to do the right thing, look after their families and pay fair taxes (irony on a contractor forum I know). These MP's claim to be liberals, but they don't appear to respect democracy and hate it if you have a differing opinion to them. They have taken people for granted for too long, hence a Trump victory and to some extent, a Brexit vote.

I for one hope that we take a new course on globalisation and stop outsourcing skilled engineering jobs (particularly IT) to cheaper cost countries. Though for this to happen businesses need a complete change in outlook, the desire for greater and greater profits needs to stop and instead focus on sustainability, start thinking about service, people, families and a good society. I class all of that as a form of Imperialism (Service above self), but hey - that makes me a fascist pig right?
          Leave: "To remove oneself from association with or participation in"

Comment

Originally posted by drob1984 View Post
            Lets hope it happens, liberalism today seems to mean the opposite of what it should mean. Too many MPs in that chamber who are completely out of touch with the ordinary person who wants to do the right thing, look after their families and pay fair taxes (irony on a contractor forum I know). These MP's claim to be liberals, but they don't appear to respect democracy and hate it if you have a differing opinion to them. They have taken people for granted for too long, hence a Trump victory and to some extent, a Brexit vote.

I for one hope that we take a new course on globalisation and stop outsourcing skilled engineering jobs (particularly IT) to cheaper cost countries. Though for this to happen businesses need a complete change in outlook, the desire for greater and greater profits needs to stop and instead focus on sustainability, start thinking about service, people, families and a good society. I class all of that as a form of Imperialism (Service above self), but hey - that makes me a fascist pig right?
            I've been saying similar to this for years.

Problem is that the elite don't like that. They seem disinclined to figure out how to orchestrate a happier society that still benefits them.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

For any newbies that join general do you get 30%?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                For any newbies that join general do you get 30%?
                Plus an extra 20% for not calling NLUK a cockwomble.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Has Admin thought about taking out a full page advert in The Daily Mail to attract new members?
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Has Admin thought about taking out a full page advert in The Daily Mail to attract new members?
                    I thought the only people who read the fail came from CUK anyway?

Comment

Working...
                    X