• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They still don't get it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They still don't get it

Boris Johnson accused of 'insulting' Italians over Brexit and prosecco

Carlo Calenda, a former Italian envoy to Brussels, said that the Foreign Secretary had told him that Italy would sell less prosecco if the European Union did not allow Britain to remain in the single market.

"He basically said, 'I don’t want free movement of people but I want the single market,'" Mr Calenda told Bloomberg Television. "I said, 'no way.' He said, 'you’ll sell less prosecco.' I said, 'OK, you'll sell less fish and chips, but I'll sell less prosecco to one country and you'll sell less to 27 countries.'

He said: "Somebody needs to tell us something, and it needs to be something that makes sense.

"You can’t say that it’s sensible to say we want access to the single market but no free circulation of people. It’s obvious that doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

"There’s lots of chaos and we don’t understand what the position is. It’s all becoming an internal U.K. debate, which is not OK."
    hmmm
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Stupid argument. Fish & chips are only good if they are fresh out of the shop. Prosecco keeps for ages in the fridge (although in my house prosecco doesn't stay in the bottle long enough to test the hypothesis).
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

That will be the fish caught from our national waters, without a bunch of Spanish and French taking most of our existing 'quotas'
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        Utterly Moronic. We all know Boris has his moments, but seriously. Let's stick our finger straight into the fishing quota issue. Let us talk about fishing and the EU, yes we will take back all of our fishing rights. See how much it costs after this is done.

You will end up paying a lot more for your Cod moron.
        Never been a fan of cod. Always go for haddock. And try researching the history of what the EU ever did for fish sustainability before you spout crap like that. I'll save you the trouble - the square root of bugger all will be your answer. But you already knew that, cos yer clever, innit.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

He said: "Somebody needs to tell us something, and it needs to be something that makes sense.

"You can’t say that it’s sensible to say we want access to the single market but no free circulation of people. It’s obvious that doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

"There’s lots of chaos and we don’t understand what the position is. It’s all becoming an internal U.K. debate, which is not OK."

I can't see any chaos in that. We don't want free movement of people. We do want free trade which is in everyone's interest. The EU not wanting to give in on that doesn't make it either unclear or non sensible.

I argue that the EU's position is non sensible on the basis that it is illogical to damage your own people just because another country doesn't believe in absolutely everything that you do.

Comment

Somebody needs to tell us something, and it needs to be something that makes sense.

Great from someone from a country where they elect a corrupt leader whose first love is Bunga Bunga parties. It may be my first love too - but I am not prime minister.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Somebody needs to tell us something, and it needs to be something that makes sense.

Great from someone from a country where they elect a corrupt leader whose first love is Bunga Bunga parties. It may be my first love too - but I am not prime minister.
              BP for PM!
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                BP for PM!
                You will be deputy PM. The rest of the cabinet will be top totty....

Comment

Working...
                X